Eighty Six - Kickoff

No one will come and save you. So get up.

I woke up from the voice in my dream, and heard the repeating sound of my alarm

I woke up from the voice in my dream, and heard the repeating sound of my alarm. I bended my body up and roamed my eyes around my new room, a room I rented in because I can't bear coming back to my aunt's house.

Masaru's been contacting me, but I was ignoring it. Despite us living in the same country, same city, I consider myself pretty good in disappearing and erasing my traces. Immediately I recalled what I told Michi.

"I will join your gang on one condition... our identity will be hidden. During meetings and during the battle."

Michi can be trusted, so I'm positive he won't tell the others. My problem is that... out of all the names they've chosen, they named the gang like a video game or a kid's story book...

We're the gang who'll fight against the over powerful Kantou Manji Gang but is called Thousand Winters? It's cute, but... you know. Plus, our uniform design is a snowflake with Chifuyu-kun's cat as the logo, so...

"Chifuyu-kun chose that, didn't he?" I asked him that time. "Can't you tell him to change it?"

Michi gave me a stressed expression. His reaction still amuses me. "It's not that easy! Even Hakkai can't tell him!"

I then got informed that Chifuyu-kun himself passed the role to Takashi, and Takashi smoothly decided to redesign the uniform, name, and logo, and did not give Chifuyu-kun a chance for rebuttal. I bet Michi, Hakkai-kun and Seishu could finally breathe properly.

Pah-chin-kun, Peh-yan-kun, Smiley, and Angry also volunteered to join which makes them nine in the team. Well, if you exclude us seven from it. The seven of us convinced Michi to follow him behind as he met up with Takeomi-san.

I asked him who he was going to recruit. It appeared that he got attached to Brahman's boss. She did seem nice and strong. I told Michi we'd be discreet and that he should think we're not around him at all while he meets her.

Takeomi-san led him—us—to Brahman's hideout.

"Senju..."

She was sitting at the edge of the stairs. "It's enough, Hanagaki," she said.

"That's the leader of Brahman who just got disbanded?" Nozomi asked as we hid. "She's cute. I thought she'd be like... ya know, a wrestler woman kind."

"Don't underestimate people, Nozomi," Kei elucidated. "Sano Manjiro is an example enough to prove that it is not by your built nor appearance that determines your strength."

"I've learned my lesson from that battle," Senju expanded. "I don't stand a chance winning against Mikey, not even South."

"Man, what a waste not to witness that fight..." Nozomi commented. The rest gave him a judgmental stare and he panicked. "I-I mean... Ehem. Sorry."