Six - Home

Takemichi looked around as the members were saying something against him. I shut my eyes tight, trying not hear their complains and demands about how to deal with my cousin. The chaos literally made me feel embarrassed.

He's not even an official member yet!

All of a sudden, another guy progressed in front and punched Takemichi repeatedly. My eyes grew as I recognized him. It was Baji-san! What?!

I was worried he'd get into trouble, but I really didn't know what to do at the moment. Takemichi acted on his own in front of the whole gang, and me rushing to save him isn't really going to save him.

Thankfully, Takashi grabbed Baji-san's arm. I literally had no idea what was going on, so all I could do was watch from the shadows. Baji-san said something to everyone while facing Mikey as he was leaving. All I heard was the king yelling his name in anger.

When he left, the new guy asked Takemichi something. I lost my breath when he instantly punched him back, allowing Takemichi to lose his consciousness as he fell on the ground.

The guy instantly got his vengeance, huh. Poor cousin.

I bit my lip, stuck between running to him or hiding myself the whole time. The other members of the gang already left after their announcement. Only Mikey stayed and sat beside Takemichi that somehow tickled something in my heart.

Because of what just happened, I figured that being the leader, the king, or the commander of a large group must be challenging. It must be tough. Mikey's tough, but the more I think about it, Mikey's still so young to go through with this stuff.

I admire him for that.

So I watched him gaze at the sky, his face screaming thousands of thoughts he's thinking

So I watched him gaze at the sky, his face screaming thousands of thoughts he's thinking. The way he sat and stared at the stars made me realize how I was even jealous of it. I sighed, thinking that there must be something wrong with me.

When Michi awoke, Mikey conversed with him properly and seriously. I observed how composed he was and I admired him even more for that because surely, he must be stressed out, but still, he tried keeping himself calm and collected.

The way he talked made him look so mature and it was attractive. As their leader, he didn't even cause a ruckus, but he dealt it with care. As if he has a lot on his hands, but he's still gently holding it together.

Takemichi and him conversed for some time before Takashi showed himself. The three talked for a while. After that, Mikey grinned and placed his arm over Takashi's shoulders, leaving Takemichi behind.

I thought they were going to walk until they disappear, but Mikey stopped midway that allowed Takashi to confusingly look at him. Mikey's hands were in his pockets when he slowly shifted his body to face my direction!

Our eyes didn't meet, but I already felt that he knew I was there.

"Usual place," he plainly said and then marched away, letting Takashi remain so puzzled.