Twenty Two - Toman

"Taka-chaaaann!!!"

Hakkai-kun rushed to check up on Takashi who was just hit by the person I was staring at right now. His sleepy eyes widened for a second when he saw me. He then looked away and pretended he didn't see me.

I almost forgot... that he's still a Black Dragon.

The new but tainted Black Dragons.

"What now, Takemichi?!" Hakkai-kun yelled as he trembled beside the unconscious Takashi. "Taka-chan, he's..!"

"Of course, he is," the guy who hit Takashi boasted as if he didn't even feel guilty after meeting my eyes. "I swung as hard as I could."

Taiju bursted laughing. "That's my Inui!"

I lost control of my breath when I heard that particular, familiar name.

Did he just say... Inui?

"What the heck did you just do?!"

"You bastards!"

"Bring it on, you little craps!" Taiju bragged and laughed.

"You're gonna pay for this, you assholes!"

I gasped when Takashi still managed to get up with consciousness. I scurried towards him to guide him, but he only smiled at me and gently pushed me beside so he could face the boys who were also greatly shocked.

My shoulders went down when Takashi begged me to stay put and not involve myself in the fight. I nodded and placed myself beside Yuzuha-san who's unconsciously lying on the church's pew. She must be exhausted from trying to handle everything.

Just like what I tried to do.

Takashi talked with the boys while sitting down on the floor as he also seemed tired from being knocked out. He told them how hopeless the situation seems and how Michi and Chifuyu-kun are the only ones who can still fight.

"But if we lose here..." he added. "Something even worse will happen to Yuzuha. She might even get killed."

I then remembered what Taiju just told me. That he'd kill me too for the last as his reward. I looked down and played with my fingers, trying to control the self pity and the urge within me that also wanted to be... dead.

"Don't worry!" Michi reassured. "Mikey-kun and the others will come to help!"

I suddenly remembered again that I have my phone with me. Unfortunately, it was empty since. I still hurriedly took it off my pocket and hoped it might open. I lost that bit of hope when it didn't. It's freaking empty at the wrong time!