1712

In 1712, (Y/N) (L/N) was born.

Well.

The first version, the first incarnation, I should say, of (Y/N) (L/N) was born.

That was a long time ago now.

When he was brought into the world, shaped and created by Mother Earth and the Master of Life (for even though they cannot stand each other, they must, by nature, work together), Mother Earth took the small spirit aside, in secret.

Her children, The Ancient Ones, had gone astray.

Forgotten their purpose, their truth.

Cast aside their morals in favour of having none.

In favour of simply having power with no strings attached.

And Mother Earth and Father Time felt that the time had come to teach their children a lesson, for the way of an Ancient Spirit should be rooted in honour and justice, not cruelty and greed.

And so, when the small spirit was breathed down to the world by the Master of Life, Mother Earth intercepted it, taking it back to her home with Father Time.

The two of them worked non-stop for three days and three nights and eventually they gifted the small spirit with a soul.

Of course, it already had a soul; all mortals do. But this soul was different.

This soul was powerful, and shone more boldly and brightly than any regular human soul.

It was more similar to the souls possessed by the country personifications than the souls possessed by regular mortals. This soul was forged from the stardust in the sky and the lava deep in the ground. It was forged from the breaths of Summer, Spring, Autumn and Winter, from the buzzing of the bees and the currents in the ocean.

And this soul would be the undoing of The Ancient Ones.

So, in 1712, when this small spirit entered a newborn child, (Y/N) (L/N) was born.

A human body with an inhuman soul.

And a soul as powerful as his was bound to get attention.

Mother Earth could only hope that her finest (and youngest) child would not be treated too badly by The Ancient Ones, for he had a long time to go before he would be ready to take on his older siblings.

But hope and reality often turn out very, very differently.