Chapter 12

Edge sat with the other Sanses and their Papyruses in the crowd as Bf/n climbed up on stage, taking a deep breath as she unfolded a piece of paper from her pocket. "Y/n L/n was my best friend. She was the kindest person I have ever met in my entire life, she was kind to the point of naivety. Sure, that frightened me sometimes, hell, I spent most of my time worrying that she was going to be beat up, but she taught me to be better." She huffed a laugh before continuing. "She refused to fight back and that got her in more scrapes than I can count, but I always had her back and she had mine. And I will miss her every day for the rest of my god damned life. Here's to Y/n L/n." She pulled a flask from some hidden pocket in her dress, taking a swig before stepping away, blank-faced.

After the funeral, Bf/n pulled Edge aside, grimacing slightly as she pulled a box from another one of her seemingly infinite pockets. "She wanted you to have this." He snapped open the box to reveal Y/n's pendant. He carefully draped into over his head, tucking it into his jacket. "She's got my one. You guys are connected now."

The burial was silent as Y/n's coffin was lowered into the ground, face reverent as the casket was closed over her. The pieces of her shattered soul lay unmoving, dull grey now, a far cry from the vibrant green she had produced before. Edge held the casing they were in, the only thing preventing them from disappearing, closer to himself. "I'm sorry, Y/n, I have to bring you back."