1

Two hours before the grand ceremony, she spent an hour and a half in watching her favorite show. She glanced up at the silver - framed clock hanging and ticking quietly on the wall just above of her head and saw the minute and the hour hands made an acute angle. It was already 9:35 in the morning. She was watching the morning show of the Queen of all media in the biggest network in the country. She did not like the concept of the show for the first time for her eyes drifted vacuously into the four corners of the room. She did not know why or perhaps it was the forthcoming celebration that in just a few hours was about to begin. The most awaited celebration that bothered her so much and created much fear in her mind and heart for the past few days. She thought her mind was more exhausted than her eyes. She knew that it would be too early to be in the church for the celebration would begin at exactly eleven o'clock. However, she thought it would be safe to start early for the street would be very busy in the next few hours. She started making her bed, cleaning the room and changing flowers on the vases. She liked to clean her own room than to depend on her maids because she loved privacy. She had three flower vases: one in her study table, in her corner table and by the of her vanity table. The beautiful and fresh flowers were her secret to be happy every day. After a few minutes, she went to the bathroom for refreshments. She took her time without not in rush and finally emerged out of her room fully dressed. This time she was on the way to the church to witness the ceremony of her friend and once had been the man she loved most. She walked out of the main door of her house and traced the pathway to the garage. She then realized that the weather forecast last night was true. She found the sun smiling widely by the east. However, its warmest smile brought coldness to her aching heart. She allowed the warm rays to penetrate her delicate and fragile skin. At least it would ease the iciness and the pain. While she walked toward her car, few questions sparked in her mind.

Is my decision, right? Will attending the celebration help me forget him and start a new life?

Perhaps reality would help to convince her heart. She entered the car and reversed it out of the garage. After fifteen minutes of smooth driving, she parked her car near the grotto of The Holy Mother. She paused for a moment before she went out of her car. She could not explain the single emotion that smudged her mind. She opened the door to get out of her car, the image of The Heavenly Mother greeted her but she did not notice it. It was a perfectly sculpted beautiful image. She closed the door of her car and again paused for a few moments, stared inexpressively at the image. She felt the strong resistance on her feet that made her stopped for a while. Although summer had already begun in the first week of April, she felt the soft breeze of the wind penetrated her body and soul. She made languid gaits and found her two hands unconsciously embracing herself. She could not fight the strong emotions in her mind until she realized there were soft tears streaming down her cheeks. She did not know why. She cannot even determine if it were tears of joy of her unselfish love. Was it because she still loved him? Would it be unfair to him if she would do something that would postpone the celebration or to her for it would mark a pain on her heart? She should be rational this time and do what is right.

You love him, but you will set him free. It's the only thing I could do least.

Foolish quote but true and logical. She wiped the tears with her small, thin, fragile and almost shaking hands then started to walk toward the main door of the church.

The façade of the church was filled with too many people and local media men. The one that would take the full coverage of the celebration was the T.V. 11. The most reliable local television network in Sorsogon City owned by attorney and anchorman Ramie Mirabella. But his soul was not roaming around for an unknown reason, Chloe saw only his representatives. He was also a close friend of the Guevara Family. Others were politicians, business partners of the Guevara Family, close friends, some parishioners and gossipers with different intentions inside their minds. Perhaps some of them were just interested in the news or would like to attend for the free nourishments of the day sponsored by the Guevara Family. She was probably less than ten meters away from the entrance of the church when she saw a very familiar face. She did not know if she looked for her for she was expected to come, or she was just about to go out at that time. For so many years, this time she would meet her high school friend personally since she became an actress. She watched her on television specially if she had a new movie or show, but she was always excited to see if she was as gorgeous in person for she knew a lot of changes had happened. Since she became an actress, she had seldom communicated with her. She was more beautiful than usual since they separated from each other. In her calculation, the last time they saw each other was when she was about to go abroad to study.