Welcome to NYC, Dragon Empress

Camila's Pov

Saturday morning and I'm out here sitting in my desk, literally doing nothing other than staring at this self love ring and the small note glued on it's box for about 30 minutes now.

....
"So, she's your first love as well?"

The green eyed girl look at me and shook her head, "No, she wasn't." Then Lauren hand over the small box with a piece of paper on top, "That's for you. I'm so proud at how brave and strong you are despite of everything that happened."

I take it and thank Lauren for a little present she gave me. And I think I owe her this time for taking me out and bringing me here in this place. If it wasn't for her, maybe I won't start realizing things. Maybe until now, my perspective in life is still different from how old Camila sees life way before Hailee happened.

I'm still hurt and my heart is still aching inside my chest but I can say that the burden I've been carrying for weeks somehow lessen.

I felt Lauren's hand against mine that interrupt my mind from the thought I've been thinking. She's now facing me with her fierce green eyes darted straight to mine, "If you think that you're not enough to be somebody's first choice, I will show you a hundred thousand reasons that you're more than enough and that I will keep on choosing you over and over and over. Without having a second thought, in a heartbeat, I'll keep choosing you. And if you see yourself as a trash then I will be your trashcan just to have you. If nobody loves you, I'll be your nobody."

I didn't notice that there's already a tears running down my face not until I felt Lauren's hand on my cheeks with her thumb wiping away my tears, "That's how important you are to me, Camila."

And as the moon shines so bright up in the sky, Lauren slowly leaned in until the few inches of distance between us disappeared. Until her lips is now pressed against mine, kissing me with so much sincerity.

And somehow, against all reason, we were kissing. I close my eyes and realize that with the right person, sometimes kissing feels like healing.
.....

One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change. If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello. So as a gift, wear this ring and always remember to love yourself first - Lauren

And so, I took a deep breath and read the words written below the box of the ring, Protect your heart, beautiful, the amount of love you give yourself matters.

This time, no more tears, no more pain. I will move on. I can move on.

I took the ring out of the box and put it on my ring finger. It was beautiful. I notice the piece of paper at the corner of my desk and I remember this is the one Lauren gave me along with this ring. And since I haven't seen what's written in this paper, I took it and read it.

Reasons why u should smile more often:

1). Smiling is contagious, cause when u smile, I smile

2. It changes ur mood when u're sad (don't deny it)

3. Smile cause it helps you stay POSITIVE.

4. Smiling makes you look younger (and beautiful)

5. Well, why shouldn't you smile? Would you rather have that frown on your face?