chapter 31 ~ 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖

Start from the beginning

     "Does it still hurt?" Jungkook muttered, drawing his hand down the brunette's side and pausing at her hip. Yumin nodded numbly, her eyes opening to tiny slits against her face as she stared up at him. Her eyes slowly widened, Jungkook quickly rubbing the tears from his face with a cough.

     "What's wrong?" she croaked, reaching up to draw her hand over his face. Jungkook wrapped his fingers around her wrist, squeezing gently before pulling it back down against the bed.

     "Nothing... I-I'm fine, angel."

     Yumin pursed her lips slowly, her eyes warm and inviting as she drew her tongue over her bottom lip. Jungkook smiled at her softly, nuzzling his head against hers with a sigh. The brunette gently poked his stomach, her bottom lip stuck out in a pout as she watched him calmly. He gently stroked her side, letting his eyes flutter closed as he mumbled, "I'm fine, Yumin. Just tired."

     "Liar."

     Yumin pushed against Jungkook's chest lightly, the redhead following her movements and rolling onto his back. She clambered on top of his hips, straddling him as she leaned forward against him, their noses brushing. "Don't lie, Koo," she breathed, holding her right leg awkwardly off the bed. Jungkook noticed her start to tremble, gently gripping Yumin's hips and flipping her onto her back. She grunted in pain as her back pressed into the bed, Jungkook leaning forward, his hips pressed against hers. "Sorry," he mumbled, resting his forehead against hers. "I'm sorry, angel."

     Yumin tugged the bedsheets up over Jungkook's shoulders, reaching up to squish his cheeks together. The redhead chuckled breathily, smiling down at her softly as he pressed a kiss against her nose. "Tell me what's wrong," she whispered, eyes roaming about his face. Jungkook balanced himself above her, arms propped up against the pillows as he sighed, nervously lowering his head.

     "I'm scared, Yumin," Jungkook mumbled, feeling his eyes grow moist. "I don't want things to change between us; any of us. I want to care about you guys, but I'm so afraid to let anybody fully into my life. There's still a wall. I can't let anyone past that wall, but I want to." He paused, looking up at the brunette with wide, teary eyes. She stared back at him curiously, her doe-eyes unblinking as she watched him with pursed lips. It took Jungkook a moment to realize the change in her demeanor; she was softer, quieter. Her cheeks flushed a light pink as Jungkook continued to watch her, his lip caught between his teeth. "Yumin?" he mumbled. Yumin's eyes narrowed a fraction at the redhead, her nose twitching in thought. Jungkook blew a breath through his nose, quietly muttering, "Angel?" Yumin immediately smiled, her teeth flashing cutely, lighting up her face.

     "You're in little space," Jungkook mumbled to himself, slowly crawling off of the brunette. Yumin followed after him, cuddling close to his chest with a listless giggle. Jungkook's arms tightened protectively around the girl's smaller frame, feeling his heart swell painfully in his chest as he stared down at her. He wanted to keep her safe; if anything happened to her again, it would kill him. Jungkook sighed, a small smile breaking out across his face.

"Just because I'm a little doesn't mean you have to stop talking, Kookie," Yumin chuckled, pulling away from the redhead and grabbing his face. Jungkook's smile grew wider as Yumin squished his cheeks together again, wiping the drying tears off his face with the pads of her thumbs. "But, I still want cuddles." Jungkook laughed aloud, feeling joyful tears fall down his face as he leaned forward, peppering the Yumin's face with kisses. His lips trailed down her face and neck, eliciting quiet giggles from the brunette.