16

Unedited

The sun was blaring into my room when I woke up, normally I would have relished the warm feeling like I usually do these past few months, not wanting to forget the essence of California, but today was different. I buried my head beneath the duvet and closed my eyes. 

It was morning already and I was supposed to leave for New York today. 

"What?" 

"Go back to New York" Arnold and I were sitting inside the trailer for privacy. He offered a glass of cold iced tea but I couldn't touch it, I was too surprised by his favor.

"I don't understand" 

"We have been advertising the series for 3 months now. Hyping the people and all that. 'The Today's show' wanted an exclusive and Peter thought it was a good idea" He placed his intertwined hands on the table, making the atmosphere more serious and real. Don't get me wrong, when you get invited to be featured on 'The today's show' it only means two things, it's either you're a big deal or you're in the way to become one. Aside from that the host, Tim Show was down to earth that people loves him.

"So you thought it would be a good idea to send me? Aren't directors the ones supposed to do that?" 

"Well that was the case, but Mr. Tim Show specifically requested you"  

"What? You're not joking around right?" To say I was flustered was an understatement. I wasn't even aware Tim Show knew of my existence.

"Apparently he was a fan of 'The End of Victoria's Village'" Arnold gave me a tight smile. If it were another person, his smile would've appeared awkward, as if his lips weren't used to the gesture. But I knew his smile was genuine. Although his statement made my brow raise, I wasn't even a main character in that old series, I was too irrelevant that I wasn't in all the episodes. 

"Is it okay for me to leave the set?" I roamed my eyes around the trailer, suddenly appreciating how memorable this small room is.

"We're actually finished taking all your scenes" I chuckled a bit at him.

"You're kicking me out" I feigned a pout which garnered a grin from him.

"Take care Megan"

I dragged my body away from the comfort of my bed. When I left Cali years ago it wasn't difficult for me to pack my bags and book a flight. I was ecstatic about finally leaving my hometown.

Yet today was different, I could barely look at my packed suitcases by my bed.

---
"So you're leaving already" Lou fiddled with her fingers on top of the table. I asked her to meet me at a nearby café to tell her I was leaving.

"It's so sudden I know" I truly felt bad seeing her so bothered by my incoming departure. Her usual jolly self was replaced by a pout.

"Can't you go back after the show?" She asked, hope glinting in her beautiful green eyes.

"I would if I could" She went silent for a couple of minutes. This time her hands played with the spoon near her cup.

"I guess this is it then" She looked at me with her glossy orbs, relaying too much emotion at once. It was painful for me to see how vulnerable she looked.

"I'm going to miss you Lou seriously" I grabbed her hand from across the table and squeezed it. She reciprocated the gesture and finally gave me a bright smile.

"Me too, I just thought we'd spend more time together you know? And I also have that job interview so, I guess we're all leaving this place"

"You'll always be a friend, don't be a stranger okay?" I retrieved my hand and looked at my friend.