14

The moon was nearly above me when I situated myself by our porch steps. It was late at night and yet I couldn't close my eyes and sleep. I felt restless and tired at the same time. I had an early shooting tomorrow so I needed my sleep now or else I'd shoot with rich bloated eyes. I wasn't vain in nature but being a model required it to.

I released a lungful of air when I heard the door behind me open slowly. I turned my body so I could watch Holland's foot silently step outside. Her back was on to me while she carefully closed the door as to not cause a loud creak. She successfully finished the task and turned around

"What the f-" 

"Where are you going?" I quirked my brow at her antics, being dramatic all of a sudden as she placed a hand by her chest.

"I should ask you the same question" She retorted, dodging the question with my own.

"I couldn't sleep so I sat here. Now where are you going dressed like that?" I pointed at her crop top, it wasn't even a crop top, it was just covering her breast part, everything else was exposed. Her denim shorts were in the same state, it wasn't even covering anything. It's not that I'm against what she's wearing, I've had my fair share of wearing many clothes that were too revealing, I understand how liberating it feels but  I was fairly protective of my sister, to me she's still that annoying small girl who clings to me whenever I'm home from school. 

"I'm going to a party, isn't that too obvious?" She looked at her own reflection on her phone, checking her make up. She looked a lot like dad. People say I look more like my mom.

"Where's this party?" I stood and dusted my pajamas. Maybe I should give my bed another shot.

"Up the hill. I'm going with Natalia don't worry" She reassured me. I simply nodded my head then smiled at her. She could handle herself I know it. Besides Natalia's her best friend since they were in pre-school. I basically saw them butt naked as a child, so I knew I could trust her.

"Okay. I won't tell mom and dad" I sent a wink at her which made her giggle. I recalled when I was a senior who also wanted to attend this jock's party. Holland also caught me, she asked where I was going and if she could join me. I told her I was going to my crush's party, she smiled with all her crooked teeth and giggled. She told me she won't tell mom and dad. Now I was returning the favor. I started walking for the door, the floorboards creaking at every step I took, damn this house was getting old.

"Megan" I twisted my body so I could see her, she was all grown up, her chestnut brown hair falling to her shoulders in small curls. Her once innocent amber eyes were now a shade darker. I was still taller than her but it shocked me she got taller than when I last saw her.

"I know it's not my place..." She paused, was she shy all of a sudden? This wasn't the usual Holland I know. I remained silent, letting her have those few seconds to formulate her thoughts.

"I really like Ynna. I think she just needs someone to show her what she shouldn't be afraid of" Holland quickly sauntered away after releasing those words, she walked away and I watched until her figure disappeared around the corner. A smile unknowingly curved my mouth.

She wasn't a kid anymore, she's a woman now

---

"Hey Megan, you ready for today?" Peter approached me with his usual enthusiasm. I shivered at the amount of energy his presence exudes, it's too much for me. 

"I'm ready as usual" I smiled at him and tried to retrieve my script inside my bag.

"Just checking if you're comfortable in our shoot today" He wiggled his brows and smiled smugly, what's he on about?

Make Upजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें