10

It was a Sunday morning and the day was bright, the breeze was warm and heavy yet refreshing. A smile on my face produced some odd looks from my family as I hummed along the soft background of the music from the radio. I was currently cooking breakfast for all of us at 7 am, a habit I often do when I was still living with them.

"You sure she's okay?" Holland whispered from across the room but it was loud enough for me to hear. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her

"Something's up" My father shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm right here guys" I announced as I placed a bunch of steaming bacon on the plate.

"Then can you tell us what's making you so unlike you?" I scoffed at my mom's remark

"Unlike me? I'm always like this every Sunday back when I was still here"

"Yes you were, but you're happier now" Holland made a point. This made me impede from all actions and stared at the piece of juicy and scrumptious meat in front of me, was I that obvious? I visibly shook my head and started placing their full plates in front of them.

"I deserve some privacy" I simply said, which made a lot of sense. They didn't have to know every detail about my life, or love life for that matter.

"Hun, privacy is not in our vocabulary at this household" My sister insisted but my mother held her hand and shook her head, giving me a reassuring smile.

"That's enough so tell us Holland about this guy you're seeing?" At the mention of this my sister beamed and started talking animatedly about this unknown guy who I could hardly care about right now. My mind drifted off to last night instead.

"Can I give you a ride?" Ynna appeared beside me as I walked towards the street to hail a cab, if there even was one available at 12 in the morning in this neighborhood. Her invitation was a relief to me so I nodded my head and followed her quietly in her parked car.

"Are you okay?" She asked me as she opened the passenger's door for me.

"Yes Ynna, you keep asking me that" She closed the door when I entered and rushed towards the drivers seat.

"I don't know but since that actor came to the set you've been, agitated" She slowly stated as if every word was made of glass and if she wasn't careful in pronouncing them they'd shatter and hurt me.

"It's... A long story. Maybe we can talk about it sometime? It's pretty late" I really wanted to tell her the whole story but judging from the hectic day we just had I knew she was just as tired as I was. She gave me her usual timid smile with an understanding glint glazed in her light amber eyes.

"Then can you just answer this question for me?" She started her ignition after I nodded my head and anticipated what query she wanted to throw this time.

"Can you show me the beach again tomorrow?" I laughed lightly at her shy demeanor, she averted her gaze from me, her dark hair covering half of her face as if she was too shy to look at me at the moment.

"I'd love to, though I've already made plans with someone in the morning, is it okay if we meet around afternoon?" I was surprised at how fast her head turned at my statement.

"With whom?" She immediately asked then shook her head after registering what she asked.

"I'm sorry I'm being nosey" she continued and averted her gaze.

"No it's alright. It's a friend I met when we first arrived here. Her name's Lou"

"Oh... Okay sure. Afternoon would be fine" She sounded hesitant but I didn't put any mind to it. She parked in front of our lawn but she was too busy thinking about something that she didn't notice we were already here. It was like she was in autopilot and she was merely floating.