Ch. 23: Getting To Know Gabe

Steve's POV:

I didn't know Sodapop knew who this guy was. Apparently, Gabriel is my half-brother. He's 20 years old. He looks sort of like my dad. 

"So, this is my little half-brother?" Gabriel asks my dad and wraps an arm around me. "Call me Gabe." I nod. 

My dad nods at his question. "Listen Steve, he's going to live with us from now on since his mom is going to be traveling a lot."

I only nodded because I'm still in shock about this.

"I'm sorry about your wife," Gabe's mom says, "I have to go."

When his mom leaves, Sodapop leads me to the couch. "So Gabe, how you been?" I ask.

"I'm doing fine, and your dad tells me that you're going to have a baby," Gabe says to me, "Congrats."

"Thank you. I was surprised myself." I say. We all laugh a little bit.

"How long have you known each other?" Gabe asks.

"Since 1st grade, he was new into town, and I introduced myself to him," Soda says.

"Oh," is all he says.

We sat in silence. I still can't believe I have an older half-brother. My dad is such a prick for knocking up women, what's next? Am I going to have 4 half-siblings as well?

"How do you and Soda know each other?" I ask all of the sudden.

'We knew each other since I was a baby, and Gabe was 3. Our moms were good friends, but he moved the summer I was going to 1st grade."

"Oh, well Gabe, I'll show you to your new room," I say.

Soda and Gabe grab his bags as I lead them to a room next to mine.

"Here you go," I say. Gabe starts unpacking his stuff and Soda and I help him out to finish faster.

As we finish, we go to the Curtis' house to introduce Gabe to the gang.

"Guys, this is Gabriel, call him Gabe, he's my half-brother."

The gang all greets him with "Hello's" and Sup's".

My dad has planned my mom's funeral, it's going to be tomorrow afternoon. I can't say goodbye to my mom, I'm going to miss her so much.

-

Thanks for reading, I have started the first chapter of the sequel, but I will not officially post it until this story ends :)