I would choose you

I held Lisa's hand tight while driving us to the dorm where Jennie was staying with the rest of the members. Her eyes were focused on the road, she looked lost in her own thoughts, so I didn't want to bother her.

Rose welcomed us at the entrance, Jimin behind her back. I gave him a confused look and greeted Rosé, who looked very worried, even scared.

When we stepped into the living room, I saw Jennie who was quietly sobbing while Kai tightly pressed her against his chest. When he sensed our presence, he lifted his head and nodded, greeting us.

Jennie also lifted her bloodshot eyes too and slipped out of her boyfriend's arms as soon as she saw Lisa. She ran towards her, hugging her and continued crying. Lisa's expression made my heart sink - she might be concerned about her friend but I hated seeing her being sad.

"Sajangnim is here," Jisoo announced unexpectedly. Well, was it really that expected? What's Yang Hyun Suk going to say about the situation, especially with me and Jimin being here too?

"Hello, kids," he greeted us casually but concern was evident in his voice. We bowed and greeted him back, even though I had to ask myself, how was it possible for him not to say anything to the two of us (me and Jimin).

"Boss, what am I supposed to do?" Jennie turned around and hugged the CEO of YGE.

I looked at the scene and couldn't believe it. I mean, I knew that YHS was someone who cared deeply for his idols, he never pushed them to the edge. He wanted them to work in different fields and try different things, he also paid them the most out of the Big 3 and even our company, that is Big Hit, but seeing him embracing Jennie like she was his own daughter, made me respect him even more. He didn't yell at her or said that she must break up with Kai. He let her cry and when there were no more tears left to cry, he invited her to sit and talk.

"So, what are we going to do, Boss?" Jennie sounded helpless but managed not to cry anymore.

"Well, the thing is...we already had done something and I'm very sorry for it. I should apologise in advance before telling you this," he cleared his throat and continued:"When the management team found out about the rumours, they immediately contacted me. I tried to call you, but you didn't pick up. I didn't know what to do, so I just told them that we don't know anything and we're checking the facts. I know it's stupid but still...well, SM on the other hand confirmed it, so I have no idea what our next step is going to be. I should have contacted them in the first place and tried to agree on something."

"Well, if we don't want any unnecessary hate directed to Jennie, then we should just wait for a bit and then tell them that the two of you have broken up and returned to being the senior and the junior in this industry," Jennie's Manager said.

"Hm...how does that make you feel, Jennie, Kai?" YHS looked from one to another, receiving their shocked faces.