The Next Generation.

Start from the beginning

He dropped his bag on the floor and shrugged off his coat. As he headed for the kitchen, he loosened his tie.

"Hey love." Harry smiled as he reached the kitchen to find Ginny pulling their dinner out of the oven.

"Hey!" Ginny called over her shoulder. "How was your day?"

"Long. We got called to another robbery attack this afternoon." Harry sighed as he dropped onto a chair.

"Again? That's the third one this month." Ginny looked at him concerned.

"I know, there seems to be a pattern emerging here." Harry nodded.

Ginny walked over to him and rubbed his shoulders. His head dropped onto her stomach.

"How was your day? I hope Gwenog wasn't too hard on you." Harry mumbled. He never could resist melting into Ginnys touch.

"Thirty laps round the pitch. Nothing I haven't done before." Ginny shrugged.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I think I scarred Ron for life." Harry chuckled.

Ginny rolled her eyes but couldnt help but chuckle. "You really need to stop discussing our personal business with my brother. Family dinners are awkward enough."

Harry snorted. "Sorry."

Ginny pulled away and moved across the kitchen to retrieve their food. Harry watched in admiration as Ginny dished up the food onto two plates. As she turned, Harry's smile grew.

"What are you smiling at?" Ginny giggled. The sound was enough to make Harry's heart skip a beat.

"Just happy I guess." Harry shrugged.

"So you should be." Ginny winked.

Ginny set the plates on the table, one in front of Harry and one opposite him. She sat down in the seat opposite Harry and they began eating. They exchanged pleasant conversation as they ate, sharing stories of their day. Ginny told Harry how she'd had extensive training drills and how Gwenog had been in a worse than normal mood today.

"That bad?" Harry raised a brow.

"I think she was annoyed at me. It doesn't help that I was an hour late to practice this morning." Ginny smirked.

"She always gets cranky when you've got a big game coming up." Harry shrugged. "It's only, what, six weeks until your next game?"

Ginny nodded her head. She cleared away their plates and the two moved into the living room. Harry lit the fire and settled onto the couch. Ginny laid down with her head on Harry's chest. They stayed there for a while, simply enjoying the warmth of the fire and enjoying each others company.

"I love you." Ginny mumbled into Harry's shirt.

"I love you too Mrs Potter." Harry pressed a kiss into Ginny's hair. His grip on her waist tightened.

Ginny looked up at him and smiled. "It's been two years and I still haven't got used to that."

"Well, you've got the rest of your life to get used to it." Harry smiled. This time he pushed his lips firmly against hers.

Ginny stood and pulled Harry to his feet before leading him upstairs to their bedroom. Harry gave a wolfish smile as he closed the bedroom door behind them, feeling excited that their activities from that morning were about to be repeated.

****

Five weeks later.

"Ugh, this is ridiculous!" Ginny groaned as she clutched her stomach.