Chapter 8

Sofia's P.O.V.

My life was feeling like paradise at lunch. Until I saw the death stare from Prince Marcus.I tried my best to not worry about it, but I could tell he won't give up that easily. I just hope the rest of the day would go smooth.

 As recess came, the princesses and I were chatting near the fountain. The area was the best place for some peace and some nice chat. 

We then heard some ruckus happening on the other side of the fountain. We walked the other side and saw something that made my heart drop. The others were horrified and screaming. 

Marcus was pinning Hugo on the ground with a sharp knife in hand. Correction: it was an obsidian knife. 

The staff immediately came in and was yelling angrily at Marcus to stop. They didn't dare to go stop physically. Marcus looked like a completely crazy murderer. The fairies came using their wands to stop him, but surprisingly, Marcus used MAGIC to defend himself. 

"He has powers!!" A prince yelled. The gasps and whispers were filling the area. The fairies were looking hopeless, not able to stop the crazy prince or his magic. 

Then screams were rising in. Marcus was gonna kill Hugo!! I felt horrified, and completely angry. Barely afraid. 

Just as he was about to kill my boyfriend, without thinking, I ran up to them, shoved Hugo away from the knife, and got myself hit. 

I felt the pain hit me, I didn't scream though. Just felt a tear escape from my eyes, and a small smile on my face. 

The last thing I remembered was Amber, James, and Hugo screaming my name, and yelling from my surroundings.

Then, blackout. 

Hugo's P.O.V.

I never had screamed so hard in my life. My heart shattered when I saw her smile. The fairies immediately locked Marcus in a bubble. He deserved it either way.

Soon the school's sorcerers came and used their magic to lift the body up. Amber began to sob and James told one of the sorcerers what happened. I stood there, looking at the blood in my hands, with tears in my eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see my brother, Axel, telling me that they'll take care of her.

I wanted to believe in that, but everything is so messed up now. I don't even know where to start! 

_____...30 Minutes later..._____

I notice something was coming down from the sky. It turned out to be the King and Queen of Enchancia. "We got your message about what happened," King Roland said to the fairies. 

Queen Miranda began to sob, I know it was hard for her to believe what happened to her daughter. They both turned to us, "Is she okay?" King Roland asked, worriedly. 

"The sorcerers are still doing the spell on her to heal. They said though that she needs at least a week to rest." James said with a reassuring smile. 

I looked down, ashamed. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to save your daughter..." I said. I felt a hand on my shoulder, which turned out to be King Roland's. "It's not your fault, Prince Hugo. We know you were in a difficult position at that time," I sighed. 

An hour later, the spell was completed. The sorcerers said that the princess was in a deep sleep, and will probably wake up by tomorrow. 

I said my goodbyes to Sofia, and the families parted ways. All night I was thinking about her, and how she sacrificed herself to save my life. I don't know though what happened to Prince Marcus, I just hope he got what he deserves. 

James's P.O.V.

When we arrived at the castle, Baileywick and Cedric came out, worried. I knew that everyone in Enchancia was worried. Sofia's friends, maids, teachers, pets and more. She was still innocent. She didn't deserve this. Thankfully she's still alive. 

Dad told the two about her recovery, and gave them orders and preparations for the following week. We all headed inside our home, freshened up, and headed to dinner. Mom and dad started asking questions on why did this happened. 

"A week ago, Hugo and Marcus were having a fight during lunch." I said, barely eating the food on my plate. "They were fighting over Sofia, since they both like her a lot," Amber said quietly.

"So I'm guessing Marcus was jealous of their relationship?" We nodded, "They had actually announced their relationship to the whole school during lunch. Before this happened." Amber said, quietly. 

Why did this Marcus guy ruined the moment. We were having such a good time, until recess today. 

We all finished eating and headed to bed. Since tomorrow we were allowed to have no school, I was excited to see my sister again. I hope she wakes up tomorrow.