Chapter 5

Sofia's P.O.V.

I sat on my bed, thinking about the fight that happened today. 

"So, let me get this straight. Two princes were over you?" Clover asked, while munching his carrot. "Yup." "And you exposed them to stay quiet?" "Yup. And I heard that they got suspended for a week." 

"Do you have any interest in either of them?" "About that..." I moved my position to my window, "I kinda like one of them," "Which is??" Clover was seem pretty excited to know.

"Well, one of them was Prince Marcus from Eclipsa. He was saying awful things to Hugo about how he wasn't good enough for me, and that I didn't like him at all." I sighed. 

"So, I'm guessing you like Hugo?" Clover asked laughing. "How do you know for sure?" 

"Cuz I'm your best friend, and I know you like good people. And I saw you playing with him the other day, so it's kinda obvious." He smiled.

"I guess so, but it's not like he likes me back." I leaned on the wall and groaned. "What do you mean, he and the mean guy were fighting over you." "I know, but what if he's just trying to get my attention. What if he's just playing on me? What if he really doesn't like me?" 

He hopped on my lap, "Stop being so negative! On the bright side he might actually like you!" 

I thought for a moment. It's possible that he likes me, but I can't completely sure. But maybe I still have hope. 

I sighed, "Fine, I'll take your point, but I still dou-"

A knock came on the door, "Come in!" I yelled. Clover quickly went to his comfy, hiding spot, as Amber came in the room.

"Is something wrong, sis?" I asked, as I got off my bed, "Mom and dad want to talk to you and me about what happened...the other day," She said nervously. I sighed and kept my hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry Amber. I'll be fine. Besides I deserve their lecture either way," I chuckled. 

"Lecture, why do you need a lecture?" She was confused. "Well for one: raising my voice and two: for making you guys feel ashamed..." I rubbed the back of my neck, embarrassed. 

She smiled, "Don't worry! They just want to talk about your behavior and they might need some explanation, too." I nodded, "Well, let's hurry then, shall we?"  

_________5 minutes later__________

Mom, dad, Amber, James, and I were all in our parent's room; the perfect place to talk in private. Everyone was silent, waiting for someone to start the discussion, which turned out to be me. 

"Look, I'm sorry how I've reacted to you guys yesterday. I was just upset that I was still not allowed to those things, and I ended up letting my anger out," I began. Dad got up on his seat and started walking towards me. 

I was kinda expecting him to yell or give me a lecture that being a princess is being a princess. That's when I realized he was hugging me. "I'm sorry I yelled at you, Sofia. But you also need to explain your behavior when the Kingdom of Welshire came." 

I sighed, and motioned everyone to sit down. 

"Before you and mom met each other, I always enjoyed doing things that only boys could do. It was a lot of fun when I tried those things, even though people say that since I'm a girl, I can't do those activities." I chuckled from the memories.

 "When I was told that we were gonna become royal, I d-didn't really wanted to become a princess. I thought the things I loved to do would be harder for me to enjoy if I became one. But, seeing how mom was so happy to find love, I just smiled and went along with it. I would pretend to be a very innocent angel, but on the inside, I felt like I was gonna become a different person..." A tear escaped from my eye. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell any of you sooner. I just didn't wanna mess things up you know." Mom came up to me and gave me a tight hug. 

Soon the others joined, and I began sobbing. All those tears I was holding, just to make them happy. "Sofia, we'll accept you no matter what. If you truly enjoy what you love the most, we won't stop you from doing it." Dad said, hugging me tight.

I smile spread across my face, "T-thank you," I stuttered. 

Few minutes later, James asked if I could teach him some sword skills, and of course I said yes, Amber wanted to come along, and the entire family went to the gardens. 

We played for an hour and I was able to teach them how defend themselves and best ways to find the opponent's weakness. It felt like this was the best moment I had with my family in life.