CHAPTER 17

After dancing, eating and generally having fun, Greg took me away from the party to his room.

I was excited.

Not just about going to his room, but mainly because I was thinking about all the gifts I saw piled up. And they are all meant for me!

'I'm gonna have a field day opening all those gifts tomorrow!' I thought.

"We're here," Greg said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

His room was done in solid colours. He had some posters of famous artists and footballers on a wall.

On the east wall, was a bookshelf stocked with books arranged alphabetically based on their different genres. Some already caught my eye. I'll be borrowing them soon.

His bedside table was messy but an organised mess, if you get me. There were lots of framed pictures standing on individual shelves on the south wall.

I noticed he had a king-sized bed. But I was too enthralled by the pictures to take notice of its detail.

The pictures were of his mum and dad, himself and a girl I don't recognise.

"Your room is nice," I commented. "Very masculine," I added.

"Thanks. Welcome to my sanctuary."

"Your baby pictures are so cute." I squealed, to which he chuckled.

I loved the way the wall shelves were constructed. They looked like those things made for cats to jump on to exercise. I can't remember what it's called now.

There were also medals and awards displayed. He has won a lot, not just in academics but in sports too.

I was still exploring his room when I felt hands on my waist. I smiled as he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck.

He started laying soft kisses on my exposed right shoulder. I was wearing a sleeveless dress.

"Hi." He said.

"Hey," I replied.

A comfortable silence developed after that.

"A penny for your thoughts?" He asked, breaking the silence after a few minutes of swaying to the slow music playing. I didn't even know when that came on.

"I'm just thinking about how today has been one of the best days of my life. And it's all thanks to you. I'm just happy."

"I'm glad that you're happy. That was the goal." I smiled at his statement.

"Come, I have something for you." He said, as we walked towards his window seat, where I sat.

He rushed to his desk drawer to pull something out.

He then came back to join me on the couch by the window.

He was holding a suspiciously long rectangular box.

"Here. This is my gift to you. I hope you like it."

"I thought the party was my gift."

"Nope. I wanted to give you something tangible. Now, open it. I want to see how you react." He replied.

When I opened the box, I gasped.

I never expected it.

"I only mentioned this to you once. I didn't think you remembered." I said in awe.
He just smiled.

As I caressed the beauty in my hands, my heart swelled with love.

It was a kaleidoscope.

They have always fascinated me.