CHAPTER 9

Today is Saturday. I've been a fidgeting wreck all through the week.

I've been in deep thought all week about Greg's question. Although I already made my decision, I'm seriously reconsidering.

He's been giving me the cold shoulder. And I've also been avoiding being alone with him.

Rita and I haven't been sitting with them again. She's not really happy about it.

I promised to make it up to her. I don't think she believes me.

I'm currently scooping some ice cream into my mouth. It is a mixture of strawberry and green tea ice cream (Weird combo! I know, but I love it).

Rita is with me also, stuffing her face with mint chocolate chip ice cream. I'm sure she's gonna have a massive brain freeze later, judging by the quantity of ice cream she's consuming and the rate at which she's scooping.

We are in the Grand Cinema, Lekki. We had made a quick stop at Cold stone creamery to get the Ice cream. Today is supposedly girls hang out.

Not to me though.

I already asked dad for permission and he said it was fine.

Although, my brothers were a tad jealous they couldn't come. They are both fans of the movie we're about to see. I think overheard dad saying they'd go tomorrow after church.

Of course, I'm gonna be going with them, I'm just going to see another movie.

We are seated at the waiting area.

We are to see the movie "How to train your dragon: The Hidden World". I'm a big fan of Hiccup's. I know it sounds weird because he's just a movie character but we have some similarities.

It starts at 3:00 pm and it's currently a quarter to three. We also have some popcorn and soda with us.

I was so focused on my treat that I didn't notice the two fellows approaching us. Rita was also busy on her phone, as per usual. It wasn't until I heard the rap on the table that I looked up.

"Hey! Greg! Phillip! What are you guys doing here? I never thought you to be a fan of this type of movie. How are you guys doing?" Rita rambled on when she saw them.

Silly girl!

Why does she always fire questions at people?

I sat rigid in my seat, at a loss for words.

"Hello, Rita baby. Hi, Tabby," said Phillip with a thousand-megawatt smile.

I didn't reply him.

"Hi girls," Greg said somewhat grudgingly. He looked as if he was forced here.

"You haven't answered my questions guys." Rita reminded them, obviously interested in their response.

"Oh that. Well, my little sister and I are fans of the movie. And since she had a play today at school and couldn't come, I dragged Mr Grumpy here with me. I don't know why he's in such a foul mood."

Phillip said in answer to her questions. He was smirking when he made the snide comment on Greg's attitude.

"I see. That's cool. We could totally work this into a sort of double date!" squealed my dear obnoxious Rita.

Who send her message gan sef?

"What do you think guys? Tabby?" She continued. I swear her eyes were bulging from her obvious excitement.

"That's cool!" Exclaimed Phillip.

They then turned to Greg and I, awaiting our response.

"Um..... That's fine." I said. I'm sure if my fingers and dress could talk, they'd complain about how much I was twisting them.