CHAPTER 8

Orion's Guilt

Orion's POV

Philip Cravens was rumoured to be Artemisia's victim of battle skills. I had absolutely no doubt that he might be telling the truth but I wanted to know his side of story. 

Dalene sent me his picture. He was a senior and played basketball. 

I was back home in my room, lazily lying on my bed and trying to dig around his whereabouts and some information through his social media accounts. I was going through his list of friends when my phone buzzed. It was an unknown number. I answered the call.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"I have a good news for you." A female spoke from the other side.

"Good news? I don't remember losing my virginity. Who are you?" 

" For God's sake Orion, it's Dalene here I thought you saved my contact." She complained.

"I forgot, you know I have so much on my mind. Anyways what's the news?"I asked her. 

" On coming Tuesday our club is organizing a show for collection of charity and with that we are doing an auction of club members." She told me.

" And what's good in that for me?" I asked her.

"Well auction of club members... Artemisia is our club member and president, so she will be our "expensive product" for this auction. Winning a member for auction by paying for them, the members will be obliged to spend time for one whole week with that person. Now I guess you know what's good in here for you." She explained, her voice concealed a hidden smile.

" So I have to try to win her in this auction?" I questioned.

"Yes, if you want to get close to her. This would be a good chance, but it's not going to be easy. As far as I know her she'll probably choose someone and give them money to buy her in the auction." Dalene warned me.

"I need to know whom she chooses, I can't let this opportunity slip away." I told her with a grin although she couldn't see it.

"I will try to find out the person she will choose." She said with a relieving tone.

"Thanks... Umm Dalene?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you helping me?"

"I am not helping you, don't take me wrong. It's actually Artemisia... My friend needs someone persistent enough to love her."

She told me and with that we ended the call. Her words somehow made me a bit guilty. For me Artemisia was an obsession, a challenge to bring some thrill in my bored up life. Dalene thought I loved her and it was bothering me. Something was trying to hit me in the back of my head, it was all blurred out and I couldn't make it, like a negative picture of a movie. I put my phone aside and fell asleep the moment I closed my eyes.

End of POV

Artemisia's POV

With all the drama with Orion and the constant feeling of nostalgia that came along with him was driving me nuts, and the fact he had the same name as specific someone didn't make things easier for me. 

On my ride back to home Mr.Blake dropped another bomb on my already exploding head. He told me that my father was considering on buying me a new car with a new chauffeur. Mr. Blake was my grandfather's chauffeur and after his death he had been driving for me. He knew my grandfather well and knew how much I missed him. Just because he knew all this he never felt like a third person or someone I had a hard time dealing with, he felt family. The thought of him being switched out was absurd, that old man (my father) needs a bit of talking. I told Mr. Blake that he's leaving me the someone else, I trusted him and he was going to drive for me till he was driven to his own grave.