CHAPTER 3

My loved ones

"To the graveyard, I want to go there first." I told Mr. Blake.

"Yes Miss!" He said and started driving.

In approximately five minutes we were there. The cold stones on the graves told the names of the deceased person inside them. I walked by them, knowing already where I had to go.

I halted in front of a grave; it was by far the grandest one. The stone said:

"Here lies the person who had spent his life cherishing his loved ones."

"Arnold Peter Frost"

Yes, Frost! It was my grandfather's grave, the person whom I cherished the most, who meant the most to me. It was after his death when everything changed. The apocalypse of my life began. When he was alive life was just too good it felt like a dream. He taught me how to dream, but he forgot that nightmares were dreams too. My never ending nightmare appeared when the man who gave me dreams disappeared. A nightmare from which I had no hope of waking up. Maybe just death would show some mercy on me and end it for good.

I knelt down on both knees and placed my head on his grave. Tears formed in my eyes but they remained there. This was an un-flowing river, frozen in my eyes. Water came but never fell. My throat tightened but no sound, I wanted to sob but my mouth remained shut. I wanted to scream but the voice just died within me.

This pain, this never ending pain. I was afraid that gradually I was getting a liking to it. Sometimes I wondered how life would had been without PAIN?

Beautiful or ugly?

Was pain beautiful?

How would it be if I could close my eyes and sleep, sleep peacefully like nothing in the world mattered?

LIFE SURE WOULD BE BORING!

I stood up and smirked.

"Let's see how long it takes for me to meet you up there." I said and wiped the wetness in my eyes with the back of my fingers. I am a bit gross for a princess but this can't be helped.

After that I talked to Grandpa about everything that how I won the race last night and how I just got narrowly saved from my parents finding out that I sneaked out at nights then I told him about this new boy racer number 37 who turned up as a transfer student in my class and also that his name was Orion Mathews. Everything except his eyes was so different from the Orion I knew. I was damn sure he didn't survive such a fatal condition. He surely was dead.

Sometimes I wondered.... Did he actually deserve that? Whatever he did, was it fair for him to die for that? I just couldn't bring myself up to the guilt so I said my well wishes to Grandpa and bid him goodbye.

I was walking out of graveyard when my phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and saw the screen before answering.

"Hey!" a deep voice spoke from the other side, humor dripping in every alphabet.

"What is it Demon?" I asked him, collecting my composure at the same time.

"Roxy... can we meet up? ..... Alone? Tonight?" He was laughing I could feel it.

"You don't need to make it sound like that perv, anyways where?" I said while rolling my eyes.

"How about my room baby?"