1

Canada smiled at his children. Saskatchewan, Columbia and Alberta were building a snowman, Nunavut and Northwest were wrestling in the snow, Labrador, Prince, Brunswick and Scotia were having a snowball fight, Ontario, Yukon, and Manitoba were just lying in the snow, and Quebec was sitting next to his father.

Canada swore everyday that they were the only ones keeping him sane. Ever since Ame...

He poured his heart and soul into raising his children, and he would die for them a million times over.

Canada looked up at the sky, shielding his eyes with his hand. The sun was going down.

"Ok kids, time to come in." He smiled, standing up and opening the door. His children flooded into the log house, each of them kicking their boots against the door frame and shaking off the snow that was on them.

Once they were all in, Canada did a quick head count.

13. Good.

People had a tendency to make jokes about him and his children, always saying 13 was an unlucky number. Each of his children had come home crying, except Quebec, who had come home with a couple cuts and a black eye. Ever since then, Canada had called his kids his lucky 13.

His daughters, Scotia, Nunavut, Colombia, and Saskatchewan all laughed as they sat on the long couch, cuddling close, trying to find a position that was comfortable for all of them. His sons, Alberta, Northwest, Labrador, Prince, Brunswick, Yukon, Ontario, Manitoba, and Quebec, also sat on the couch, however leaving a bit more space between each of them.

Canada found a spot on the couch and sat down there. He grabbed the remote and turned on the TV and went to their recorded shows and clicked on their favorite, Family Feud Canada (I'm not joking that's actually a thing). During the show, everyone called out their answers, and would do a little happy dance if they were right.

They watched 2 or 3 episodes before Canada turned off the TV. A united whine came from all his kids, each of them knowing very well what they had to do. Quebec, as the oldest, got up first to get ready for bed, and everyone else followed.

When they had gotten their pjs on and had brushed their teeth, Canada went into their rooms to tuck them in. He first went into the girls' room, where the two bunk beds were empty. Canada sighed and managed to get them all into bed, planting a gentle kiss on each of their foreheads.

Next he went into Yukon and Northwest's room, seeing Yukon already almost asleep and Northwest was looking out the window.

"Bedtime." Canada whispered.

Yukon groaned, pulling his blankets tighter around him. Northwest just continued to look out the window.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Canada asked, sitting on Northwest's bed.

Northwest spun around and wrapped his arms tightly around his dad, "I miss Uncle."

Canada hugged his son tightly and rocked side to side gently, "I know, I know."

Yukon got out of bed and hugged his dad too, suddenly feeling the heavy weight of loss.

They stayed like that for a while, just hugging each other and swaying softly.

"Ok you two, time for bed." Canada whispered softly.

Northwest fell back into his bed, pulling the covers roughly over him. Canada leaned forwards and kissed his forehead gently.

He looked to his side and saw that Yukon was still there. Canada smiled. He had fallen asleep. He picked up his son and put him down on his bed, lifting the covers over him. Canada kissed his forehead and went to leave the room.

He stopped in the doorway, "If you need anything, I'll be in my room."

A soft noise of understanding came from Northwest's bed.

Next was Alberta and Manitoba. When Canada got to their room, they were both already asleep. Canada smiled and, like he did with all his children, gently kissed their foreheads/cheeks (some people sleep on their side so ye).

After that he walked into Prince's, Labrador's, and Brunswick's room to see the three of them had gotten into a pillow fight. Canada leaned against the door frame and watched, waiting for one of them to notice. Prince had jumped back to dodge an attack made by Brunswick and bumped into Canada.

The fight stopped abruptly as all three of them looked to the door, nervous looks on their faces.

"Hi dad." Prince laughed nervously.

"Hi." Canada looked down at his son.

"Can you just... um... pretend this never happened?" Prince asked, his brothers nodding in agreement.

Canada laughed and ruffled Prince's hair, "Get into bed you three."

They did as they were told, hopping into their beds, Labrador climbing a ladder as he had the top bunk of the bunk bed, Prince underneath him, and Brunswick getting the bed across the room from them. Canada got to each of them and kissed their foreheads.

Last, but certainly not least, Canada went to Ontario's and Quebec's room. Ontario was already asleep but Quebec had a lamp on and was reading a book. Canada walked over to Ontario and kissed his cheek lightly. He then walked over to Quebec's bed and sat on it.

"What are you reading?" he asked.

Quebec closed the book and looked at the title, "The Orenda." (That's an actual book. I haven't read it but it sounds good)

Quebec reopened the book and started to read again.

Canada leaned forward and brushed away Quebec's hair and kissed his forehead.

"Daaaaaaaaaaad." Quebec whined.

"I want you in bed by ten. I'll be checking." Canada said, standing up and leaving the room.

"Ok." Quebec smiled, starting to read again.

Canada smiled.

He was the luckiest man on earth if you asked him.

As I was writing this, I actually forgot Yukon. But then I counted 12 and was like "... but there's 13."
So ye, imma go now.
UNTIL NEXT TIME!

To Fix The Broken ~ a countryhumans fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें