Review by Bella: When Inyanga Gets Into Magicians College

Title: When Inyanga Gets Into Magicians College

Author: MiaManns

Reviewer: SilasNevrin

Cover: 3/5

I don't have a problem with your cover. That doesn't mean that I like it though. You've got your title so props for that.

Your username is really what should be on the cover instead of your actual nickname because it's how people can find you. I know 'constellations' is also a book series that you're writing, so it's hard to differ between if you're trying to label the book as being part of the series of if you're trying to put your name on there.

Either way, put your username on your book. Don't like your username? Change it, or make a new account.

Now—know how I said I gave you props for putting your title on the cover? That doesn't mean you should make the title the size of the bloody cover! Yeah I get it, you've got a big title (which I will address later on) and need to make it bigger so it's seen properly but it just looks like a bunch of text shoved onto a picture. Now that's a long title. Like a seriously long title. If you're adamant about keeping the title the way it is then I'll give you some pointers for how to lay it out on your cover.

'When Inyanga gets into magicians college'

Which words there do you think are less important? (Lol I feel like my English teacher way back when). 'Get and into' are less important. Here's why:

When—is important because it's setting a time space for the reader.

Inyanga—obviously important because she's the main character.

Magicians college—the location, the setting of the entire novel.

So your cover should showcase these important parts of your title because right now you've shrunk Inyangas name right down and straight under it is GETS INTO which is kind of an eye sore.

Also this way you save space, so shrink GETS INTO and increase the size of Inyangas name—you will see an improvement I promise.

By the way—why is the picture of a galaxy? I know there's a lot of talk about drawing magic from the stars and imagery of that but it's not clear to the people who just happen to come across your book. I'd expect to see someone doing magic, a powder trick or something or have a girl staring up at the stars showing Inyanga off to your readers.

You don't want to make the cover too complicated. It'll distract your readers and make it hard for them to focus on points you want them to focus on. The background of the cover should be simple not a supernova. I like the idea, but if you're going to write about magicians—most people at first glance won't think about magicians when they see the stars.

That's your job to show them.

Because you've got such a complex storyline it's harder to get a cover that will fit your story. You might want to refer to a graphics specialist, maybe someone over at Emeralds graphic store to help—try and get someone to have Inyanga herself pulling magic from the stars.

Now that would be cool.

Title: 3/5

'When Inyanga Gets Into Magicians College'

Now that's a long title. Like a seriously long title. I mean, does it serve its purpose? Sure.