Chapter 18: 4 Years... Ago?

( Risse's POV)

Okay... I know its creepy to stare at someone so long... I mean, I know it looks like stalking, But, I'M REALLY. NOT. A. STALKER!!!!

I'm just interested... Maybe... Ugh, I dont know!

*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~~

"Hey, Risse" says a low, husky voice behind me.

I turn to see Nate (aka the "Noob" as how Jace and Jason would call him) standing behind me. I'm really the type of person who hates being disturbed when I'm reading a book, but because I'm incharge of the Newbies on the campus... I dont really have a choice but to let my lil angel out.

"Hey!" I reply with a grin. "What's up... Need anything?"

"Nah... Just wanted to see if you were alright."

I let out a slight puzzled look, but still smile.

"Oh okay... Thats really nice of you to do so."

He chuckled.

'Cute... Really, cuteee... Wait?! What?!... Ugh... Shut up, Conscience!'

I take a sip on my sweet tea and return to my reading.

"On second thought..." He says.

I return my gaze on him.

"I was gonna ask if you could come with me to the fields to practise on the different types of Zombies." He said as he nervously played with the hem of his shirt.

Hmmmm.....

"Tahaha!" I giggle. "Hey, there's no need to be nervous... Sure, I'll go with you." I say.

He looks at me alittle taken back.

"Y-... You... You... Will?" He asks.

"Yeah." I says standing up from my seat and straightening on my clothes. "Yep, I'm comin' "

"Cool, then." He smirks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(While at the fields)
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

I threw my dagger on the last Zombie.

I watched as the dagger penetrated the top of the Zombie's decayed Cerebellum. He staggered and fell to the ground and Nate finished him off with a blow of his Pistol.

"Wow... That was alot tiring than how I expected it to be." He exhales.

"Mmm... Yeah, it's tiring alright." I reply as I slumped down next to him on the bench.

I was drinking water when I noticed Nate looking at me.

To be honest, he didn't really seem like those usual Newbies we got on the campus. He was alot more... Mature.

"What are you looking at?"  I ask, my eyes were piercing through his inner Soul trying to find it's weak spot.

His face retorted abit but returned to it's former expression...

' This dude is good in hiding his emotions...' Says my Conscience. I shook it off not wanting to force myself to any Negative thoughts.

"Eh... Nothing..."  He Lies ...  I know He lied.

Not satisfied  with his reply I put my water bottle away and return my gaze to Him ... This time... In a serious way.

"Seriously..."  I start off. "Im good at catching lies... So whatever you're thinking about... you gotta let it out." I Say frankly.

He stares...

"Fine."

I relax my tensed up shoulders.

"Great... Now what's up?" I ask.

He just stares at me and then speaks.

"You dont remember me do you?"  He asks in a sort of disappointed-Slash-Trying to convince myself - way.

I look at him with a puzzled expression.

'Am I supposed to remember him?' Asks my Conscience.

"I'm sorry..." I say. "I dont understand...?"

He stands up and  wipes of the dirt on his Shirt.

"It's funny... cause I remember you well." He says.

Uummmm... Okay... What is this dude trying  to freaking say?!?!...

"Risse..." He says, I was suddenly shocked by both his hands holding both of mine. Dark Brown staring into my Hazel eyes... There were so much emotions playing around in his eyes... But what  I saw was care and tenderness.

"I've known you for 4  years already." He says hands still holding mine.

I was too speechless to talk...

I mean seriously... Some new guy who my Boyfriend calls a "Noob" actually KNOWS me... and I dont  even know HIM.

" I'm sorry, Nate." I say slowly removing myself  away from our "Touchy-touchy" moment.

"I really cant remember anything... or Atleast  any events in which I've met or known you from." I say.

He displayed a face of disappointment and sadness.

"Try... Just... try?" He pleads.

"I really cant remember anything." I look at him... Im starting to feel guilty about this...

He nods and shows a sign of defeat.

"Let's just Head back..." He says. "You must be tired... We need to rest."

I nod and we head back to the Campus.

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

We stopped Just a few inches from the porch of my house. I was pretty tired and was sure that Nate was too.

"Thank you... For taking me home,  Nate." I smile.

"No problem." His face was still Kindda disappointed.

I just couldn't bear seeing any of his Face more cause it made me feel guilty.

I start heading back inside when...

"Four years ago, Risse."  I heard him say behind me.

I turned to face him again.

"What?" I ask... I was so confused already.

"Try... Try to remember Four years ago."  He says.

Before I could speak ...  He walks aways silently with no Good-byes...

I lay in my bed thinking...

"Try...Try to remember Four years ago."

I lay in my bed... Confused... But yet... I tried  flashingback all the last memories of People I had 4 Years ago before the crash...

And then...

It hit me...

Memories of promises, Memories  of a Guy bestfriend... Memories of Loss and Separation...

I whisper to myself... A tear running down my cheek...

I choke back a sob...

"Nate."  I hear myself  whisper which just gives me sobs...

Then the dawn of realization hits me  again...

" four years ago..."

-------------

WADDUP Guys!!!! Sorry for being so Late (As always) on our updates... Hope u guys like this New Chapter (Kindda seems lame to me)... Pls dont be shy to give us some thoughts or Ideas to add for the next chapters or for Nate and Risse's story... Once again... Thank you!!! - Anne ❤