Chapter 12: BE THE BAIT!!!

(Clarisse pov)

I stared after Jace and Jason seeing the bait. He/She was on a black and purple Ducati racing bike. The secret person rode all the way to the Gate of the community. "What are you guys looking at?" I said worriedly. "Risse, don't you know who that person in the bike is?" Jace asked me.

"Who?" I asked confusingly at Jason, then to Jace. Jason looked horrified as Jace said who it was.

"Kathreen."

My reaction was natural for a person who found out her best friend for over a lifetime is out there expecting to be feasted by ZOMBIES. I mean who would want that?

"Hahaha... You're kidding!" I said with the expression that spoke 'yeah right!'

"Uh... No we're not." Jason said not kidding.

I felt my face turn dark, though not with anger, but,... Fear and Distress.

"Oh my Brownies! What are we standing here for? Huh?" I squeaked with disbelief.

"We have to get her out of there." I demanded just as I was reaching out for my daggers.

Just to let you guys know we were in the Armors room during this time.

Jace blocked me and swiped my daggers to the floor, as he gripped my wrist to control me.

"Risse." Jason said just beside Jace. "We can't get her out of there now. We need a plan."

****************

We planned and planned. It felt like hours, but when I checked my watch to see the time, it had only been five minutes since we started. I guess when you get anxious to save someone, time just feels like the most precious thing in the world. Every minute, every tick of the clock counts.

Jason was serious in trying to plan the escape strategy, meanwhile Jace always was beside me hugging me or kissing me in the forehead. He kept me calm.

When we felt like saving Kat would be the hardest thing to do, we decided to just let the matter go. Beside, we believed in her. Kathreen was strong and serious not only physically, but mentally.

*****************

Jason, Jace and I walked to the stadium where the whole student council and Z community were present. We sat by the reserved area and watched anxiously as Kathreen drove all the way through the gate. The Gate was a bit slow (thankfully) and I saw Kathreen tapping her fingers on the gear impatiently.

Jace slid his hand with mine and looked at me reassuringly.

"She going to be fine." He said "I promise."

-----(Kathreen pov)------

While I was driving all the way to the gate, I noticed something. Jason and Jace were staring at me, shock written in their faces. They tapped Clarisse's shoulder, pointing to me and I was pretty sure they told her. because she laughed like a maniac and stopped, dead serious.

They were in the Armor room, which could be seen from where I was because there was an enormous bullet proof glass.

After what felt like years, All the students that were still inside the Armor room went out to the stadium, including Jason, Jace and Risse. Everybody was all set and ready to kill those Zombies. I'm scared.

Suddenly, the gate slowly opened. When I said slow, I mean it. I was sitting on my Ducati uncomfortably while tapping my fingers impatiently on the gear. We all watched as the Gate opened wide and revealed a bloody, smelly, field that were invaded and destroyed by those Zombies.