Chapter 2: Search

What up people, Anne here, guess you've already finished the previous chapter hope you guys enjoy this one too. Fill free to comment or suggest anything to add on the next chapters.

---------------------------

(Clarisse pov)

( 4 yrs later)

Soft, growl and banging fists were trying their best to penetrate the sliding Gate that we closed up to keep us secured. "Kat, what are we gonna do? They're surrounding us badly." 

I stared at Kathreen expecting an immediate reply or at least come up with a plan, But nothin'.

The zombies were to busy doin' the thing they do best, Growl and Bang on things, accompanied by bloody fists and teared up pants or ripped up clothes. Some were missing legs others were missing arms. "Uh... Can't they at least try sniffin' other survivors? I mean we can't possibly be the only survivors, right?" 

"Well, if there were ever people who would be dumb enough to stand seeing theemselves being eaten, yeah. But, if they really care about living they would try surviving with all their strength." 

I felt a sting inside my chest, the feeling you get when someone said something that just went straight to the heart.

"Yeah, like how we managed to survive for 4 years." I couldn't help keeping it I had to say it. Kat stared at me the apologetic way as if to tell me"yeah, just like what we managed to do." Kathreen gave out a heavy sigh. "Hey, chill, we'll get over this mess... We always have." She said. That was quite reassuring, but still heaviness made me remember the time I was trying to get myself and Kathreen out of the car.

( 1 hour later)

Cards were placed on the floor as we were playing the last Uno cards the world has ever had, since the apocalypse. Kathreen and I were takin' turns shuffling the cards, while also trying to think how we would be able to fill our stocks once more.

( 20 minutes later)

I sat quietly not even paying attention on the game we were playing. Then, suddenly... Snap. I got the most brilliant idea I ever had (literally it was the only one I've got). I jumped as if startled by something. "KAT! KAT! KAT!... I GOT IT!"

Kat, shocked, yet also excited "WHAT!... Spill it out." She said, her tone full of excitement. 

I took deep breaths in and calmed myself. "We'll go by day break, just when they've all gone home or wherever they came from." 

"That's a Great idea. They hardly stay here the whole day, they do perfer finding other stuff to feed on, right?" "Exactly!" I said " We could probably leave by 5 am. We'll take the car with us." Kat gave a huge grin as if to say "Finally we've got it all under control."

Now, you guys might wonder how on earth were we able to drive a car on such a young age. 

Well, it'll take a year just to tell you how we got to do it perfectly, as it also took a year to find and learn one.

( 5 am in the morning)

So, we left exactly on what time we said we would. Good thing was that there weren't any zombies as how we expected it to be. We grabbed every single thing we could horde or gather for safe and secure reasons. I used my favourite Crumpler sling bag, as Kathreen used her favourite black leather bag that her father got her a few months before the crash.

We took out every single kitchen knives we could get and slipped on our Sketchers sneakers and ran under the moon. Everything smelled like dust, mixed with blood, mixed with unwashed clothes used by the zombies.