Chapter 4: Surviving High

Chapter 4 here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Clarisse pov)

Okay, today this will be the first time we'll be able to join a school assembly since 4 years ago.

I have that feeling you get when its your first day of Highschool. The mixed feelings of excitement and anxiety. Its just crazy.

I wore the black shirt I got the week before, when we were at Central Square. I checked to see if Kathreen and Erin were ready to go. Speaking of Erin, we're startin' to have a blast just talkin' to that girl. She's like the sister me and Kathreen never had. Crazy and pretty much awesome, she became our bestfriend in just a week.

They were already done preparing and all three of us went together at the dining table to grab something to eat before we head to school. I grabbed two slices of bread and asked Erin if she could pass the jam and peanutbutter. Its been 4 years since the last time I got to eat a PBnJ sandwich and it never tasted better than ever.

Kathreen took out three glasses and pulled the milk carton from the fridge and placed it on the table for us to drink. We enjoyed talking and chatting about the background of the people who lived at the Institute.

Erin gave us quick advices about the Highschool. Like those who we can talk to and those who we aren't suppose to talk to. Then, she finally gave out the advice that we thought was just another crazy survivor from the Institute.

"Okay," said Erin "You guys already know MOST of the people, but there's someone else you have to avoid getting contact with."

Me and Kathreen stared at each other then said at the same time said. "Who?"

Erin took a deep breath, then said. "My brothers."

Then, my mind just went...WHAT? Why them? What's wrong with them?

"Uh... Do they eat people?" I asked with a funny look on my face. Erin just burst laughing. "No, you just gotta avoid them cuz' their like... The coolest guys on school and, uh... They rule the school."

"Really?," said Kathreen with the awkward tone of voice. "They can't possibly be that bad."

"Exactly," I said "They seemed nice when we met them, and plus Jace just saved me didn't he?"

Erin sighed and look tired of trying to argue us both. She drank her milk til' her glass was completely empty then said "Fine, besides Maryse said you guys should experience the Institute yourselves. Get to know the people more."

We both nodded in agreement, then went back eating our sandwiches. I couldn't get what she meant, but I tried to understand.

(20 minutes later )

We were finally seating and listening to the opening assembly. Ryan, was speaking to the rest of the teenagers inside the assembly room. Advicing us about, being more alert now a days and carefully watching one another. I listened while observing the other students inside the assembly room.

The school was just like the ones everyone goes to before the apocalypse happened. All the different types of people and their groups. There were Nerds, Cheerleaders, Football Jocks ( though not the cute ones), there were Emos, Skater Dudes, and The Mathletes and Science Geeks.

But, among them were only two people who everyone called the Cool Guys. Guessing who?... Jace and Jason Grant, just like what Erin said.

They were sitting next to the teachers part as if they were the teachers favourites.

Jason listened intently and nodded couple of times to agree with Ryan's assembly advices. His right foot was placed on top of the other, like how business men sat on meetings. He wore a black jacket that covered his white undershirt.