Chapter 13: Whose the Culprit?

(Clarisse POV)

Okay so I just came back from Kathreen. I promised that I would watch over her two days a week. My life practically has its own schedule. Monday and Tuesday afternoons I would practice dagger lessons with my group.

Wednesday and Thursday afternoons I would hangout til night time with Jace. We'd go for a stroll on his motorbike or go out for dinner. Fridays and Saturdays are the days I spend just for Kat. She's recovering lately.

Although, since two weeks ago, she's been pretty attached to Jason and they're workin' up nicely. Jason brought her Brownies from C&B once in awhile. He kept her company and took her temperature when she needed to.

So I left Kathreen with Jason and went out of the Infirmary. Jace waited outside of the curb riding on his motorbike. I waved hello as he handed me a helmet. I took it from him and hoped on his back.

I slid my arms on his waist. Jace grabbed my hand and kissed it. After that, He took his helmet and placed it on him and we left the Infimary in a second.

*****************

"So?" He asked "How was your visit?"

I placed the table napkin on the right side of my plate and took a deep, exhausted breathe in and out again.

We were eating at his dorm. My favourite chinese noodles were prepared right in front of me. Topped by super refreshing, cold Iced Tea.

Jace sipped some of his tea while staring at me, waiting for and answer.

"Hey. You okay?" He asked his face concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit tired." I answered.

"You barely even touched your food." He said.

"I'm fine, J.C"

He nodded and went back eating. The rest of the supper was just plain silence. My mind was just packed with stuff. Thinking for hours is harder than, sitting for hours.

**************

After helping place all the dishes on the sink, I walked from the kitchen towards the living room, where, a fluffy black couch was placed tempting me to fall over and sleep. It was tiring and so I did.

Jace sat by my side. He was done placing all the dishes on the dish washer. He looked at me with the same concern in his eyes.

When I think he felt the tension inside me, he straightened himself and took both my hands on his and directed me to look at him. He stared at me with those deep, brown eyes that has been captivating me ever since.

"Whats wrong?"

"Nothing." I lied.

There are only two people on Earth who knows me better than myself. Jace and Kathreen. Though Kathreen spent 4 years with me, Jace knew my strength better than her. And he was good at sensing my emotions.

"Risse, your my girlfriend. You and I both know that I could tell if your sad. Even if you deny it."

Jace was right. I was on the verge on having a emotional break down. Things that were happening were just giving me too much Anxiety. I don't even know how much more I could keep.

I locked my eyes on his and then suddenly I blurted every single emotions I was presently having.

"I'm just tired and nervous lately." I said

Jace was silent for minutes. He was thinking what he would say to save me from this struggle I was going through.

He sat for minutes trying to think on what to do. Then, He spoke.