Blind Love

Flashback

How long is this going to last?

I looked around Ralph office to entertain myself, while he was going through my report of three months. My fingers were drumming against the armchair I tried to calm my shaking leg, but my excitement wouldn't give me.

All this time away I never thought that I would be here on our day.

Our day!

I smile to myself at that thought, I was so restless and I couldn't wait anymore to see him in front of me, to hug him to kiss him. Aaah those lips.

I smirk thinking how was our last parting went three months ago and I can't wait anymore.

I have to see Theo!

We have been dating for two years now. Yes, it's our anniversary.

The second one. And we both thought that we wouldn't be together on these days.

The moment when they announce to us that we will be returning to New York City sooner than they thought I was jumping to the sky.

I was getting on Ralph and Enzo nerves how much I talked about how I couldn't be with Theo for our second anniversary. I think now that I missed him more than wanting to celebrate our second anniversary.

After one year of dating, he asked me to live together. Theo wanted to buy a house together and to move in. But in the end, I suggested that he can move into my apartment which he didn't decline and he always told me how much he loved my apartment and my cooking.

I never told him what I do for money, he only knows that I am bodyguard of Giovanni La Morte and whenever is my shift I work and that means I have to go whenever Mr La Morte goes. He didn't know how much my work was dangerous and risks of getting hurt. It was hard to come up with stories of my bruises but in the end, he believed me. In the beginning, when we started to date it was really hard for him when I was away, but he got used to it.

It was hard for both of us, I don't know what would we do if we didn't have Face time.

That is why I love to work in New York City than I could see him every day.

Any free time we had we would see each other, but for the first time, I didn't hear from him for three days.

It's because of sudden changes and returning early, these couple of days were hard for everyone.

So I decided that I wouldn't inform him of my early arrival.

It would be a big surprise.

I can't wait to see his reaction.

"It's like you are here but not" I hear Ralph, I revert my look to him.

"Can a girl daydream?" I say finally calming my shaken leg down.

"I never saw you like this" he admitted

True!

"I missed him, we never were separate for this long, it was starting to eat me from inside, I never felt this," I said placing my arm over my chest.

Ralph nods with his head " You finally have someone that you love and that take cares of you, I am happy for you, both of you"

After my father died, Ralph was always around me to help me, whatever I need he was there, he was my uncle the brother my father never had. But my father always told me no matter if you are related to someone with blood or not, sometimes we trust them more then our blood.

"Ralph, would Dad love him?" I ask him, biting my lip.

He laughs shaking his head " He would close him first and question him until he is satisfied"