Phoenix

"We have a problem!" Ralph's familiar strict voice echoed on the other side of the phone

"Ye-ah?" I uttered, there was a quiet silence.

Biting my nail, I nervously expected his next words. Did he find out? Did Gio already have a conversation with him about what happened last night?

Not only am I worried about losing the job but having this conversation, especially with Ralph.

"We had already talked about this, not..." it looked as he was occupied with something.

My heartbeat started to beat faster.

He knows!

It's over!

I'm over!

"Not happening ever, but what is done, it's done," it looked like he is done dragging it.

"Look, Ralph, I can expla-"

"I need you tomorrow at work."

"I was drunk- WHAT!"

We said at the same time!

"I need you back at work. What did you think I was talking about Elenora?"

I let my body crash down against the couch, relieved, holding my hand across my chest," Nothing, nothing... Forget it"

That means that Gio didn't tell him about our brief night, which isn't little.

There was a pause. Which helped me calm down, cleaning my sweaty hands against my jeans.

Ralph spoke.

"Where was I?" he murmured "Yes! As you probably heard. Enzo's wife delivered their daughter and the man that had to replace him had a death in a family"

He paused again, letting me absorb.

"Okay, I am listening," I said.

"I went through the list of people and then you pope on my mind",

" Count me in!" I say fast without hearing him over.

"Just like that... With no complain?" he asks, a little suspicious.

"Why would I, I just hope I will do nothing extreme?"

Of course, I will take any proposition now, after everything...

"Okay, okay... I will have you emailed of the things that are assigned for you, you will spend more time being a driver and guarding Mr La Morte."

At just mention of his name, my stomach flips upside down, new feelings crashing, surprising me. For the first time fearing what our night made me feel and realise at that moment, I got myself in a big problem.

"I will try to find someone replaces you in two weeks," He promises me

"It's okay, Ralph,"

*