5: Cara

It had been a very, very rough day for Mumbo. He fell out of bed that morning, landing on a small late night red-stone project, the now offending object, leaving a bruise. When he got up to make breakfast, he slipped on a random sock, his feet flying out from under him and he slammed the back of his head on the hard wood floor. Then, while making breakfast, he spilt his milk twice, having to remake his bowl once after his cat knocked the bowl off the counter. With a groan, he was able to finish his cereal, only choking once, and get dressed for the day. 

When he pulled his suit out, he could only bang his head on a near by wall. Almost screaming at the large red-stone stain on the front of his waist coast. He'd decided to not even wear it that day, slipping on a plain white shirt and his more worn slacks. With the day he was having, he knew better than to wear anything else nice he had, plus, it wasn't like anyone was supposed to visit him today. When he got dressed, he'd gotten stuck in his shirt, accidentally ripping one sleeve completely off, the only solution was to rip off the other one too. When putting on his trousers, he put them on backwards the first time, then tripped trying to put on his socks, then had trouble finding one of his shoes! At that point, Mumbo was seriously debating even working on what he really needed too today. 

With a heavy sigh, he knew that regardless, he had to work on the project. He'd been putting off for too long already and he knew he had to do it before recording his new video. With that in mind, he slipped on his elytra and began to fly off toward the spot he'd picked a few days earlier to build his automated farm. 

Nothing too complicated, just a simple creeper and sugar cane farm, as rockets were beginning to be a bit expensive. Though he knew it was an easy to make farm, with his luck today, he was dreading having to build it. 

~~~~

The fly over wouldn't have taken long, but Mumbo was making sure to take his time. Flying carefully and gliding smoothly through the air. While flying, he watched the grass under him wiz by, admiring his neighbors builds, and at one point he decided to fly higher above the clouds. Twisting easily in the air, he gazed out to the endless blue sky and tall trees, curious as to if he'd woken up early enough. 

With a quick look around, Mumbo found he was finally at the right coordinates. It wasn't too far from his base, but it was closer to Grian's than anything. When Mumbo had gone to Grian's base to look at his map, he noticed no one had build anything in the large area behind Grian's base. With such an open area created an opportunity for a large build, and a large automatic farm meant more resources. 

Landing as softly as he could, Mumbo still managed to trip a bit. He grumbled under his breath, leaning against a tree to catch his breath. As he looked around the surrounding area, he found he was surrounded by tall trees, a large mountain to his right, and the unfinished-back of Grian's mansion build. A small smile made it's way to Mumbo's face, he mustache going crooked with the action. 

"Alright," He started, popping his neck and rolling his shoulders, "Let's start clearing some trees."

~~~~

After a few hours of clearing trees, landscaping, and filling in holes and water pools, Mumbo finally had enough space to begin the project. With a large huff, he decided to take a minutes break. Stretching his arms over his head, he felt the cool breeze on his stomach as his shirt rid up. He tilted his head to the side, then pulled each knee to his chest, trying to stretch and relieve the ache in his muscles. 

Once satisfied, Mumbo grabbed his shulker box full of food and water and immediately chugged an entire bucket. The sun high in the sky beat down on his sleeveless shoulders, the skin already a bright red, no doubt in his mind he'd have a bad sunburn later. He sat with an apple for a few moments longer, suddenly remembering the hair tie around his wrist.