4: Carrissima

It was that time of the season again, reorganization day. A few months back, Grian agreed with Mumbo to reorganized his 'chest monster' every so often, but only if Mumbo did it with him. He knew he needed a self organizer, but the thought of hanging out with Mumbo, alone, for a few hours always managed to put a smile on Grian's face. The mustached man never ceased to amaze the short builder. His vast knowledge, the way such smart terms would roll off his tongue so easily, not to mention his dress style and body build. 

Shaking his head to rid the embarrassing thoughts, Grian continued his movements prior to daydreaming about his best-friend. Grian was a bit, self-cautious when it came to his builds. Though incredibly happy with how most would turn out, the mess inside and the small flaws always depressed Grian, which was why Mumbo was so insistent on Grian keeping organized. With saying that, the builder always tried to tidy his chest area before Mumbo got their. At the very least Grian wanted the chests to be close to each other, accessible, and in some sort of manageable line. 

The hot summer day made Grian sweat, that and hauling around the heavy chests. Wiping the back of his hand over his forehead, he decided to take of his sweater, revealing a plain white tank-top. The clothing stuck to his back and his hair clung to his forehead and nape of his neck distractingly. Looking around the room with his hands on his hips, he was satisfied with the chest placement and decided to go get a drink before Mumbo showed up. 

~~~~

It was an hour or so after that Mumbo showed up, the man now wearing his suit trousers, but not his vest. Instead he wore his white button up, no tie, unbuttoned three buttons down from his collar. When flying over to Grian's base, he noticed he was sprawled out on the ground, soaking in the sun. The sight made Mumbo grin, an evil idea coming to mind. 

Making sure to land soundlessly, Mumbo tip-toed toward Grian. A large smile was plastered to the mans face as he grabbed the boy's ice water, he admired his relaxed features, his brown hair looked especially shiny in the suns rays. He then dumped the water directly on Grian's chest. 

The sudden cold made Grian gasp, quickly standing, and holding his tank-top away from his chest while glaring daggers at Mumbo. Said man was laughing madly, clutching his stomach and bracing an arm on on of his knees as he bent over trying to breathe. 

What he didn't notice was the sinister smile on Grian's face when the boy realized he had an extra bottle of water. Grabbing it quickly, he poured it over Mumbo's head, which was his height as he was hunched over laughing. 

The delightful sound of Mumbo laughing quickly stopped, now the only sound being the water dripping from his head. Without much movement, Mumbo looked up at Grian through his soaked hair, a smile slipping on his face at the sight of the boy. 

Grian had one hand over his mouth, his face lightly pink, as he tried to hold in his giggles. Mumbo could only chuckle, shaking his hair like a dog, effectively getting Grian more wet. When he was done, he stood his full height, dragging his hand through ebony hair, slicking it back proper. 

"You look like a mafia boss." Grian giggled, his cheeks turning more red, because Mumbo looked hot. Hotter than the summer day they were currently standing in. Grian was sure he was going to faint. 

Mumbo's lips quirked at the sides, a lop sided grin replacing his puffed cheeks. "And you look like a kid after running through the sprinklers." Mumbo commented back, looking him up and down. 

Internally, Mumbo was freaking out. The way Grian's tank-top clung to his chest showed the out line of the, slight, muscles he had. After all, building was hard work. Mumbo could see his skin as the shirt was now see through, and if it hadn't been for the sun, he was sure his cheeks would put Grian's cast sweater to shame. 

Shaking his head with a laugh, Grian only motioned for Mumbo to follow him into his base. "Alright lover-boy. Let's go organize." Grian groaned, listening for Mumbo's footsteps behind him. With a roll of his eyes, Mumbo trailed behind the smaller hermit, not so subtly checking him out as they walked to his chest catastrophe. 

Finally making it to the room in question, Grian walked in and stood toward the center of the room. "Well, this is it! You should really know it by now." He threw his hands up, gesturing to the chests, before crossing them over his chest and turning to face Mumbo. Grian could help but notice the younger hermit's eyes having to move up to meet his, implying he was looking... else where. 

"Right, right." Mumbo licked his lips while studying the room. "You've moved the chests again." He commented, raising an eyebrow at Grian as if to ask why. 

The shorter could only shrug, too embarrassed about the reason to admit to it. "So? Let's just get started, shall we? We both know this usually takes forever." Grian whined, walking past Mumbo to the chests closest to the door, he made sure to knock his shoulder against him as he walked past. 

Rolling his eyes again, Mumbo rested his hands on his hips as he cocked on to the side, turning as Grian walked past to keep his eyes on him. "Three to four hours is not forever." Mumbo chuckled, walking toward the same section non-the-less. 

"Sure seems like it." Grian only mumbled, pulling some extra shulker boxes from a random chest, along with some signs. 

Opening and closing close chests, Mumbo shrugged. "I dunno, seems to past fast when I'm with you i guess." He spoke softly, side-eyeing him. 

Grian froze, buzzing with happiness at his confession, but burying the emotion just in case. Call him daft if you want, he was just playing it safe. "I...- I like hanging out with you, Mumbo. You make it fun." Grian said shyly, tracing the top of one of the shulker boxes. 

Mumbo could only smile, knowing they had work to do and could talk about this later. 

~~~~

And work they did, they moved chests, organizing and trashing as they went. They shared smiles, laughs, and light touches. Bantering back and forth quite a few times about Grian's keeping of so many buckets of puffer-fish and his ridiculous amount of stacks of seeds. 

Even with the frustration of his organization, Mumbo always spoke so fondly. He knew this was just Grian, and he wouldn't change it for the world. 

~~~~

Hours later and they were finally done. 

All of the chests were organized and properly labeled with signs and item frames, Mumbo knew this would only last a month of two, but getting to spend time with Grian was well worth it. Sliding down the wall to sit beside Grian, Mumbo let out a content breath. 

"Grian, babe, you have to keep this organized! I know you like to move quick and have a hard time focusing, but i used more item frames this time and i hope it helps. You just, have to try to keep it organized for-" He cut himself off when he felt a weight on his shoulder. At first he thought it was Grian's hand to shut him up, but his eyes confirmed it was not. 

Grian had rested his head on Mumbo's shoulder, so tired from the days work, and shivering slightly from the evening air. Just as Mumbo was about to continue, Grian turned his head and kissed Mumbo's shirt-clad shoulder. "Thank you, Mumbo." He whispered, a small smile gracing his lips. 

Mumbo floundered, opening and closing his mouth to come up with something to say, but came up short. He let out a breath, moving to take off his button up, content being in only his under shirt, he got a whine from Grian who immediately shut up when the shirt was placed over his shoulders. 

Resting his head back on Mumbo's shoulder, he thanked him again. This time earning him a kiss on the top of his head, an 'Of course.' and Mumbo resting his head on his. 

Grian had never been happier to have such a problem with keeping his chest organized.