1: Amata

His red sweater shone brightly in the harsh morning light. The bags under his eyes made him look paler than I knew he was, when well rested. His fluffy brown hair was tossled with the winds relentless movement, but even with messy hair he still looked beautiful. The Suns beams cast shadows in his cheeks, they made his, dark, eyes shine with a feeling I'd never felt myself.

He was content.

Resting half on my shoulder, half on my chest, I felt envious of the boys ease. He was relaxed and pallient in my hold, his hands rested on my arm, carelessly wrapped around his middle.

My heart, on the other hand, was having a right heart attack. It would beat with such a force at the smallest moment from the small boy in my arms, I thought he may be able to feel the rapping against his back.

If he could, he payed no mind to it and continued to brush his finger tips over the backs, and the pads, of my calloused fingers.

We continued to watch as the sun rose, leaving behind it's morning rose, and dissipating it's dew to the sky. While he watched the yellow orb and felt it's warm breath, I watched him.

Taking into account how his eyes would flutter closed as a cloud moved past to reveal more warm light. How when I ran my thumb over the side of his hand, a faint smile would tweak the corner of his lips. How, even though we were sat on the grassy ground, his foot still shook to keep a level head when I rested my head on his.

We couldn't dare to break the silence, but I could tell he so desperately wanted to say something. "Yes Grian?" I whispered, running my hand up and down his arm before returning it to his hold.

I felt a shutter rack his body, a sharp intake of air concerned me. He twisted his body, turning his head more to look into my eyes. His mouth was sent in a straight line, his eyes glanced from mine to mine lips then back again.

"Thank you, Mumbo. You have no idea-" His rested his cool hand against my cheek ever so softly," -How much I appreciate you. Just when I think I'm going to drown in my thoughts, youre their with a lifeline." He muttered, his breath moved my mustache, tickling my skin.

"I- Yeah. Of- Of course Grian." I smiled, stumbling over my words worse than when I try to walk. I felt heat rise to my cheeks at our proximity and his words.

The sun was just high enough in the sky now for it to be seen in its entirety. The warmth increasing with the winds call, 'Lean in' It whispered.

How could I disagree?

I waited for him to turn and look back toward the horizon, then I moved. Leaning forward, just slightly, I pressed my lips to his cheek. Just as quick as I did, I moved away with my mouth set in a flat line.

His raised brows, red cheeks, and half smile were all I needed to see as his turned back to me.

We didn't speak, simply pressing our foreheads together and giggling at our own stupidity. The sun light was our now and we were our forever.