Kabanata 43 - Devil's Eyes

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Dale... What should we do now...?" ani Gabriel. His expression was at lost pagkatapos basahin ang nasa scroll.

Dale's expression was dark. I can't read what's on his mind.

"Kaeden what is happening?" Taka kong tanong. Even Portia was curious sa kung ano ang naka-sulat sa scroll.

"The Emperor has fallen, Lady Amaury. Emperor Alexander is dead."

* * *

Naging maingay ang kaharian dahil sa balita ng pag-kamatay ng Emperor. Madami ang nagdadalamhati sa pag-panaw ng pinuno ng kaharian, madami ang nagalak dahil sa wakas ay tapos na ang pag-hahari nito, at madami ang tila naguguluhan at nasa kawalan. At lost because they don't know what will happen now.

"The pack is complete, Your Excellency. The Crescent Wolf members are all here." Ani Gabriel kay Dale.

Dale was looking outside the window, into the dark ghost town kung saan nakatirik ang hideout nila. Tumango si Dale pero hindi pa din tinatangal nito ang tingin sa walang kabuhay buhay na paligid.

"Do you still remember what's that building years ago?"

Binaling ni Gabriel ang tingin sa labas. Huminga siya ng malalim nang mapagtanto kung ano ang tinititigan ng kanyang matalik na kaibigan at ang Lord na kanyang pinagsisilbihan.

"Yes, Your Excellency. I do still remember. Vividly."

Itinukod ni Dale ang dalawang kamay sa windowsill still looking outside the window.

"This was a lively place back then. Full of life and happiness, as I can remember. And that building is our favourite place. Her favourite to be exact."

Dale gritted his teeth as he saw the memories of her outside the window. Her long curly silver hair dancing in the wind as they eat the bread from the shop. Her giving her food for the children passing by and wiping their dirty faces with her handkerchief. She was selfless. And a loving lady to the people.

"All of my plans... it's now wasted." Dale whispered to himself. "Tell me, Gabriel..."

Gabriel was intently listening.

"What should I do now? How could I take my revenge if the person who brought my suffering was now gone?" Dale's voice was full of agony and grief.

"How could I avenge her? The only family I had?"

"I'm sorry, Your Excellency." ang tanging nasagot lamang ni Gabriel.

"I dedicated my life to give justice to her. But in one event all my plans crumbled. I felt helpless. Like I was years ago."

Huminga ng malalim si Dale at umayos ng tayo. "Let's finished this. Let's finish whatever we started. They're waiting for us now."

Tumango si Gabriel. He gritted his teeth as he saw how broken and fragile his friend right now. "Yes, Your Excellency."

For years, he supported his plan for revenge. Helped him to build a strong guild that could overthrow the Emperor on his throne. But now that he's dead, all of their plans were now useless.

"Whatever your decision and path is, I will always be with you, Dale." ani Gabriel.

Dale look at him and patted his shoulder. He grinned at him. "I know, Gabriel. I know you'll always have my back."

With that they went to the conference room. All members of the Crescent Wolf were present. Ito na yata ang pinaka-importante nilang pagpupulong sa lahat. Ito rin ang magdidikta kung ano ang mangyayari sa hinaharap.

"Now let's all discuss on our next move. To finalize the plan... the assassination of the emperor. But now instead of the emperor, it is now the Crown Prince." The guild advisor spoke.