𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 '𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗬𝗼𝘂, Noah

Josh's bedroom door opens aggressively as a frustrated Noah walks in.

"What the fuck is wrong with me?" he asks as he sits down on his friend's bed and buries his head in his hands.

"What do you mean?" Josh asks. He stands up from his chair to close the door and then sits down next to Noah.

"It's y/n. Dammit!" Josh places his hand on his friends back and rubs circles in the hope to calm him down.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand. What are you talking about? Did she do something to you?" he now asks.

Noah places his elbows on his lap and rests his chin on his hands. A sad look covers his face.

"No, she didn't. It is my fault. Bro, I can't get her out of my head. I think about her every single second of every single day and it's driving me crazy.

She literally controls my life without her even knowing it. When she's happy, I'm happy. When she's annoyed, I'm annoyed. And when she's hurt, I'm fucking broken," he stops talking and let's out a sigh.

"There is nothing wrong with you though. I just think that you're in love," Josh tells him as he now moves his hand to Noah's shoulder.

"That is the problem. I can't be in love with her."

"Why not?" Josh asks confused. "If it's because she is my cousin, don't worry about that. You've known her before I even knew you. You're good."

"It's not that. It is because every time I'm in love with someone, I always seem mess it up. I can't mess it up between her and I. She is different than all the other girls. If I hurt her I will never be able to forgive myself," Noah explains.

"Dude, stop it. Are you really going to not make a move just because you're afraid of what you might do?"

Noah his expression hardens as he nods his head.

"That is honestly the most stupid thing I've ever heard you say. You never let anyone stop you from what you want and now you're telling me that you're stopping yourself. That you're scared to hurt her? Noah, I'm sorry, I can't prevent you from possibly hurting her in the future. But there is one person who can, and that is you."

His words make Noah look at his best friend. "You know I'm right," Josh adds.

Noah sighs. "I know, but-" Josh cuts him off. "No but. Whenever I like someone you are always the one to tell me to get off my ass and show them how I feel. So this time I will tell you to get off your ass and show her how you feel. Don't worry about the future. If you really do love her, you won't hurt her."

Noah nods as he's getting more confident. "You're right. I have to get off my ass and tell her." Noah's words make Josh laugh. "Yes, you do," He laughs. With that Noah leaves hie best friends room, on his way to the girl of his dream.