𝗙𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝘆𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱, Noah

YOU'RE at Target searching for some good notebooks as you hear someone whistle. You turn around to find a guy of your age standing behind you. On his face is found a big grin.

"Damn girl! You look sexy," he says while his eyes run over your body, making you feel uncomfortable. You automatically wrap your arms around your waist, like that will stop him from looking at you like that.

"I'm Ben, and what is your name?" You hesitate for a second but then tell him your name. It couldn't harm, right?

"Y/n, wow. Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl," Ben comments while rubbing his hands together and licking his lips.

"What are you doing here y/n?" he now asks. You look behind you and point to the notebooks. "Looking for a notebook," you say, with a brittle voice.

"You know, I could help you with that," he says as he takes a step closer and bites his lip. When you take a step backward, your back hits the shelves. You hoped that your movement made clear that you didn't like him to be so close to you, but when he takes another step forward you realize that you were wrong.

He's so close now that you can smell his deodorant and feel his breath on your skin. When you try to move away from him, he quickly places his hands on either side of you, locking you in.

"Hey, dude! Get away from my girlfriend." Both Ben and you look to your side to see a complete stranger walking into the aisle.

Ben takes away his arms as he slightly steps away from you, but still too close for your comfort. "I'm sorry brother. I didn't know that she's your girl. But I mean, you can't blame me hitting on her when she's wearing jeans like that," Ben says as he moves his head to look at your butt.

His stares are making you feel sick and all you want to do is leave. The stranger who is pretending to be your boyfriend seems to notice that as he offers his hand to you.

Although you don't know him, you take it. His worried looks makes you feel a lot more comfortable than Ben has made you feel this entire time.

Once you give your hand to your fake boyfriend, he shoves you behind him, so that Ben's can barely see you anymore.

"First of all, I am not your brother. Second of all, don't ever talk about my girlfriend like that again," you're a little surprised at how mad and annoyed the stranger actually sounds. Ben throws his hands up in defense and rolls his eyes.

"Jezus, you're so uptight. I was just complimenting your girl," he says. Although Ben his face still seems confident, his voice cracks a little.

"That is not complementing, that is sexual harassment," with those words the stranger turns around to you and guides you out of the aisle, away from the creep.

"Are you okay?" he softly asks you as he places his arm on your back and keeps walking with you. You nod and the two of you keep walking until you're far away from Ben.

"Thank you so much..." — "Noah," he helps you out. "Thank you, Noah. I honestly don't know what would've happened if you weren't there to save me. Oh, my name is y/n by the way," you extend your hand to him and he shakes it.

"No problem. I have a sister and I know how some guys can get around her. I could already hear the guy calling you sexy from a couple of aisles away. When I came to take a look and saw your face, I knew I had to help you out," Noah explains with a little smile.

You thankfully smile back at him. "I don't even know what to do to thank you," you say and Noah shakes his head. "If you just let me walk you to your car then we're good. I don't want to take the risk of that guy following you outside when he sees that you're alone."

You nod your head while slightly blushing. The fact that he doesn't know you at all but still seems to care about you makes you feel warm inside. "Okay."

When you're walking on the parking lot and see your car, you point at it. "This is mine," you say and the two of you walk towards it. "Thank you," you say after you turned to face him. "Stop thanking me y/n. I just did what every decent human being should do." You sigh with a little smile. "I just wish I could do something back for you."

It's quiet for a few seconds but then Noah speaks up again. "Well... maybe there is something that you could do," he starts. You look at him expectantly. "You could give me your number." His sudden boost of confidence kind of catches you of guard. "Although this might not be the best moment to ask you after you just got hit on by that creep," he chuckles, making you laugh as well.

"It's alright. I guess I could do that," you say while you hold out your hand so he can give you his phone. He seems to be a little surprised about your reaction but then quickly takes his phone out of his pocket and hands it to you.

After you made yourself a contact in his phone you give it back with light pink cheeks. "Well, I guess I will see you around," you say as you give him his phone back. Noah nods. "Yes, definitely. Hit me up whenever you need someone to play your boyfriend again," he laughs.

He then opens up his arms and you give him a quick hug. Thereafter you go in your car and put in your key. As you back up and are about to drive away, you take one last glance at Noah, who is still standing in the same spot. You wave at each other before you drive home.

At home, you see that you've gotten a new text.

[Unkown]
heyy, it's me
your fake boyfriend

You smile at your screen as you type back a message. Although you didn't get the notebook you wanted, you got saved by your prince on his horse and ended up with his number.

<3
- mai