𝗣𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗱 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗸, Josh

You softly grunt as bad cramps wake you up. "Are you okay?" Josh says in his raspy morning voice. You slowly open your eyes, giving them some time to adjust to the light to find your boyfriend laying on his side of the bed while watching you.

"Cramps," you whisper, not being able to make a complete sentence yet through your tiredness. Josh sticks his bottom lip out with a sad face while letting himself fall onto his back. He opens his arms, telling you to lay in them.

You scoot your way to his warm body and let your head rest on his chest. His hands gently move up and down your back as he places kisses in your hair every now and then.

You lay like this for a little while until your cramps get worse. Josh notices your body twitching lightly. He removes strands of your hair to take a better look at your face. When he sees your teary eyes, he puts his hand on the back of your head, pulling you even closer to him. He gives you a long kiss in your hair. "I'm going to get you some painkillers," he whispers before wiggling out of your grip.

When he throws the covers off of your bodies and he steps out of bed, he stands still for a few seconds. You follow his gaze to the mattress and soon find a big red puddle underneath your hips.

You immediately sit up as instant panic and embarrassment fills your body. A tear already has found it's way down your cheek.

"No, no, baby don't cry," Josh says as he sits down on the edge of his bed, which is still clean. He wraps his arms around your shoulders and pulls you into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, I'll clean it up," you apologize when he let's go of you. You hide your face in your hands from embarrassment. "Hey, don't apologize. It's just your period," he starts as he lifts your face up to look at him. "It's not a big deal okay?" You shake your head in disagreement. "I got blood all over your bed. Oh my god, I'm so sorry," you say as you find blood stains on his boxers as well. At this point many tears have escaped your eyes.

"Y/n, listen to me. It is not a big deal. It's just mother nature doing it's job. None of this is your fault," he tells you before placing a kiss on your forehead.

"Come," he says and he pulls you off of the bed. He leads your shaking body into his bathroom. As you make your way to the toilet, he turns on the shower and lays down a towel for you to use.

"Go take a relaxing shower baby," he says. "I need to clean your bed first," you tell him but he shakes his head. "Don't worry about my bed. I'll take care of that. You take care of yourself," he says. He places a quick kiss on your head before leaving the bathroom and closing the door behind him.

You take off your clothes and step underneath the hot water. Although you find it hard to control yourself to not go help him clean, you manage to keep yourself in the shower. You know he won't let you help anyway.

Thinking back to your boyfriend's sweet reaction when he found out about your 'accident' your eyes water up again. Although he definitely seemed surprised when he noticed the blood, he didn't seem disgusted at all. He didn't seemed to care about you ruining his sheets or boxers. All he seemed to care about was you.

After a twenty minute shower you open up the shower curtain and grab your towel. Once you removed the water out of your eyes and you vision is clear again, you find your dirty clothes replaced with Josh's sweatpants, hoodie and some clean underwear. A glass with water and some painkillers are placed next to the sink. You want to hit yourself as you feel the tears coming up again. You hate emotional periods. Although these tears are happy tears.

You dry yourself and put on the clean clothes after grabbing the little basket with pads and tampons from underneath the sink. You smile when you notice it being filled up again.

Since you started dating Josh, he had kept this little basket with stuff for your period in his bathroom at all times. And every time when he notices it getting empty he buys new supplies and fills it up again.

When you enter his room you find Josh on his clean bed scrolling through Instagram. "Hey, baby. How are you feeling?," he says as he notices you. "Better," you tell him while walking up to him as he puts away his phone and opens his arms for you.

"Good," he says and he places a short kiss on your lips. After that he moves you chin up with his thumb to make you look at him. "Please don't ever feel embarrassed when something like this happens," he says as his hand moves to the back of your neck.

He gently pulls your face closer to his, until your lips are fully connected. This kiss lasts longer than the last one. He kisses you with passion, but still remains gentle as his thumb is placed on your cheek. Almost like he's afraid of hurting you.