𝗛𝗶𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗧𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗼𝗼, Josh

TODAY is the day that Josh is getting his first tattoo. Since it's a very important moment for him you are going with him for moral support.

He has been trying to play it cool, but you can tell that he's been nervous all day. It started yesterday night when he couldn't sleep. "I'm just not tired yet," he had said, although his sleepy eyes definitely told you something different. Since you didn't want him to lose sleep all night, you let him lay his head on your chest while running your fingers through his hair, knowing that it would relax him and make him fall asleep.

This morning he has been very tense. Even small things like closing a door a little too loudly seemed to annoy him. It's only twelve in the afternoon and Josh already had multiple discussions with his brothers. You've been trying to just ignore his behavior and not get on his nerves.

"Are you ready to go?" Josh asks as he grabs his keys. You nod and quickly put on one of his jackets. You both say your goodbyes to his family before you enter the garage with his car in it.

"Should I drive?" you ask him, not being sure if him driving while being nervous is the best idea. "No, it's fine. I can drive." he says as he already walks up to the drivers side. "Are you sure?" Josh rolls his eyes as he opens the door. "Yes I'm sure y/n. Don't worry about it, I'm doing okay." You roll your eyes as well as he looks away from you and steps into his car. Quickly after that you follow his actions.

On the way to the tattoo shop you put on some Justin Bieber, in the hope that it will calm his nerves. You tried to start a few conversations but soon notice that Josh is not in the mood to talk. You give him the silence that he wants and let Justin do the talking with his song 'no pressure'.

When you arrive at your destination, you are ten minutes early. You suggest to wait outside the car and thankfully he agrees. Hopefully the fresh air will do him good.

Once you're out of the car you intertwine your fingers with his and lightly squeeze his hand. You both lean against the hood of his car as you wait.

After a minute of not saying anything, Josh breaks the silence. "Okay, I lied. I've been very nervous this whole morning and it's getting worse now," he says with slightly panic in his eyes. "No shit Sherlock. I'm pretty sure everyone already knew that," you comment while chuckling. "Was it noticeable?" he asks and you laugh at his ignorance while running your free hand up and down his arm.

"Are you nervous about the tattoo itself or the process of getting one?" — "I guess the process," he starts while playing with your hand. "I want this tattoo for sure. I've been wanting it for the longest time now and I haven't changed my mind on that. It's just the whole needle thing. Like, I'm not afraid of needles while getting a shot or something, but with tattoos they just seem a lot scarier," he explains. You nod your head in understanding.

"I get that. But remember what Sabina and Noah told you. It looks a lot scarier than it actually is." He looks down and nods his head. "Plus, I'll be right beside you the entire time," you say while lightly giving his shoulder a push with your own. He looks at you and smiles. You take this opportunity to place your free hand on his cheek and give him a kiss that tells him everything is going to be alright.

When you pull apart, you check the time. "It's time to go baby," you tell him as you step away from his car, still holding his hand. Josh takes a deep breath and then follows you to the entrance of the shop.

Just as you're about to put on your mask to go in, he pulls you back, causing you to turn around to him. He let's go of your hand and places his hands on your cheeks. When he pulls you closer you meet him in deep kiss. It's almost like he's trying to tell you not to leave. You wrap your arms around his neck as his arms travel around your waist. When you break the kiss you pull him into a comforting hug. "I'm here," you tell him.

Once you're in the shop, everything goes very fast. Before you know it, your boyfriend is already in the chair and the tattooist is preparing to get to work.

"Do you want me to hold your hand?" you ask but he shakes his head and tells you that you don't have to. You doubt what to do for a second but then decide to hold his hand anyway. He gives you a nervous smile as he lightly squeezes your hand.

When the tattooist is ready, he tells Josh to take a few deep breaths and look at you. You breathe with him as the tattoo artist begins. Josh closes his eyes for the first few seconds but then looks at you and smiles.

"And?" you ask him. "It actually isn't that bad," he says, making you smile from relief.

When the masterpiece is finished and the tattooist explained to Josh how to treat his arm for the next few days, you thank the people in the shop and leave.

When you enter the car you notice the big smile on your boyfriend his face, making happiness fill your body.

"I love it so much," he says as he holds up his arm to take a look at the arrow. "Me too. It's very beautiful," you tell him.

He puts his seatbelt on and then turns to you. "Thank you baby, for dealing with my nervous ass all day. I'm glad you came with me. I might have shit my pants if you weren't there," you laugh at his comment as you shake your head.

"I'm glad I came too," you smile. Before you guys drive away he leans in and gives you a sweet peck on your lips. "I love you so much."

hope you enjoyed
- mai