forty nine

ethan's pov

as i watch melanie take devon to the front of the boat, i also spot the guys heading downstairs. instinctively, i catch up with them only to find out they were talking about the most awkward thing ever.

well, not to them of course and once upon a time, wouldn't have been for me. but recently it has been an awkward topic for me since i'm having trouble with it.

raymond throws himself on one of the big couches that sit in front of a large TV. "damn. this is the life!" he exclaims, stretching his arms out.

"aw, sick! there's so much food here." sonny says, spotting a tray with snacks and drinks resting on the surface of a bar table. he helps himself before sitting on a couch opposite from raymond.

nick sits beside raymond. "so you agree. right, ethan?" nick asks me as i sit myself next to sonny. sonny hands me a mystery drink in a can.

"agree with what?" i stall, not really wanting to talk about this, afraid it'll lead to talking about me.

nick shrugged. "that i'm probably the best at sex out of all of us." he says, no hesitation in his voice. "i mean, i got my girl pregnant."

"that doesn't mean anything." raymond exclaims with his eyebrows knitted. "the only person who'd confirm if your sex was actually good is melanie."

"and with you, devon." sonny says, patting my shoulder. "right?" he adds.

fuck, this is exactly what i didn't want happening.

"uhh..." i say, averting my eyes from them. something tells me i should've just lied, but i'd hate to be caught in a lie by the guys or even devon. especially devon.

raymond bursts out laughing as he slaps the couch. "no way! don't tell me you've never done it with her yet?"

nick chuckles, shaking his head. "come on, bro. you've known her for like ten months and have been dating for like seven of those ten." he says. "melanie and i dated over the summer and we did it on the second date." he adds, rolling his eyes playfully.

"it's whatever, bro." sonny says. "no pressure."

"yes, pressure actually." raymond says, cutting sonny off. "this is the last summer before college. do you even know where devon is going? what if she moves far and you never see her again?" raymond bluntly says.

now that he mentions it, i don't know where devon is going to college. maybe i'll find the time to ask her.

"ray, ease up man. the dude's never boned." nick whispers. "why haven't you anyways?" he asked.

i simply shrugged, acting as if it was no big deal. but i've been going crazy for the past couple months because it is a huge deal. "i don't know. it's just complicated." i explain.

"but the lack of sex in our relationship has nothing to do with devon. in fact, i can count many times she'd be willing to sleep with me but can never do so because i'd always make excuses or break up our heated sessions in a panic." i add.

"why?" sonny asks. "what's stopping you?"

i shrugged once again. "i don't know! i just get nervous." i explain, rubbing my face in discomfort and embarrassment. "no girl makes me nervous like she does. i guess i'm scared things will change."

"but even when i finally gain the courage to try, something always interrupts us. like the universe doesn't want me getting into her pants or something." i added, groaning. "and maybe they're right."

nick shakes his head. "no bro. it's okay. nothing is going to change. if anything, it'll probably make you two closer."

ray gasps. "what if you try tonight? we'll make sure nothing gets in your way so you and dev could have the best first time ever."

i blush, a light pink appearing on my cheeks just by thinking about it. "what?" is all i could say.

"what do you say?" nick asks, a big smile on his face. "a bro's first time is like our first time. we must support no matter what!"

"we can distract the other girls so they don't disrupt you, keep an eye on the creepy looking driver and..." sonny says. "we'll even set the mood!"

"operation get ethan laid is officially on board!" raymond shouts, pumping his first in the air.

oh... my... god.

this isn't going to work. it's only making me more anxious. i can't even touch devon in areas that are untouchable because of how nervous i get. how am i going to have sex with her by tonight?

"bro, come on." nick says, getting up from his seat. "let's go see which bedroom is the best." he adds, making my cheeks flushed. this might be too much.

END OF CHAPTER FORTY NINE

just a little chapter to see ethan's pov real quick.

kinda cute the boys are helping ethan get over his nervous phase with devon, right?