eleven

ethan's pov
saturday morning (brunch day)

me: wanna hang out today ??

devon: ugh i can't right now. maybe later? my fam is hosting the north side brunch today

me: that is the whitest thing i've ever heard
me: well, have fun

devon: i refuse to have fun if it's not with you :(

i'm lost.

i hang out with devon a lot. almost too much. and even though i love every second we spend together, my friends think otherwise.

i know sonny will support anything i go through, but my other friends are always talking about her in such negative ways. she has a past. a history that they don't necessarily support.

they spot me with her all the damn time. and because of that, suddenly they believe i like the girl or something.

i did, believe me. but after all the bullying throughout the years, i lost all those feelings. maybe.

because devon couldn't hang out, i decided to hang with the boys to kill some time. usually we'd chill outside near the beach. everything about the shoreline was calming.

i send a text to all meet there so we could just chill. within minutes, they're already down. i pick up sonny on the way and we head down there together.

"hey, lover boy. where's your north sider?" one of my friends, raymond, joked as they got out of the car.

i rolled my eyes playfully, shutting my car door.

it seemed as if all they could talk about nowadays were devon and i, when really we were just friends.

"bro, i see the way she looks at you. it's obvious the girl has sparked in interest."

"really?" i ask.

"of course! but clearly she's just using you as a rebound. i mean, come on. a north sider falling for a south sider right after a breakup? not all of us are as charming as our boy nick here." he laughs. "you passed the friend stage. now she's just tryna get laid. you really gonna let another north side girly fool you?"

i furrowed my eyebrows. "dude, you don't know what you're talking about. she isn't like that."

"yeah," he drags out. "that's what she wants you to think. but trust me. what's one thing clayton hates the most? south siders. the only possible way to get back at him for cheating on her is to get a rebound and you're the perfect candidate  because you're a south sider."

"boom!" he adds. "cracked the case."

i don't know what it was, but something in me convinced myself that he was right. maybe she is just using me. it would explain all the flirty texts.

"you gotta let her down easy bro. she's just gonna break you."

END OF CHAPTER ELEVEN

short little filler so you can understand ethan's point of view now and why he was acting that way towards devon :)