~20~Used and Abused

Start from the beginning

It was the two head spies from his father's court.

"What are you two doing out here-"

"Ruy!" A voice called from the cavern, a woman shot out of the cave, massive feathered wings flapping behind her. She landed outside with a shuddering boom, before swiping aside the hairs covering her face.

"Sarai?" Ruy asked, sliding his blades back into his gauntlets. Queen Sarai rushed forward, wrapping Ruy up in a hug.

"Oh gods, when everyone came home, but you weren't with them, Doreah said you were fine, but I was so worried!" Sarai sobbed, hugging Ruy so tight she might have broken a rib. She finally put Ruy down, and placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Are you hurt? Have you been eating well? Are the Assassins okay? Is Amalia okay?"

"Everything is fine, Sarai, I promise." Ruy smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Sarai asked.

"I need you guys to do something for me," Ruy answered.

Sarai glanced at the two spies around her.

"Of course, follow us," Sarai said, flapping her wings.

Ruy glanced at his wings, barely able to flap them. Sarai noticed.

"Oh, yes, of course. Here, we will take the long way down." Sarai chuckled, holding out her hand. Ruy took her hand and didn't even get the chance to scream as Sarai swung him into the hole before jumping in after him.

Sophie stared at the Inalian Embassy in the distance from a window in the barracks, nervously plucking out a few eyelashes

Sophie stared at the Inalian Embassy in the distance from a window in the barracks, nervously plucking out a few eyelashes. The Inalian Senate was probably already residing there, waiting for the meeting like the other Vatarian leaders. Her hand stopped midway on her third plucking, gently pulled down so Sophie could see the little lashes on her fingers.

Gods, she hasn't done this in years.

Maybe Thavma was just delusional, her dead sister couldn't be the murderer, she just couldn't.

"Amalia," A stern voice called behind her. She turned around to meet the eyes of the head doctor. Her skin was a delicate light brown, but her hair was a peculiar shade of bright white. She also wore... was that elven clothing?

"Are you an elf?" Sophie asked suddenly.

She smiled, waving off the question, "No, no, I did, however, pretend to be one and get into medical school there. The Vatarian medical schools just weren't what I was looking for. While I was there, I grew accustomed to fashion and still wear every now and then." She answered. She surprisingly held her right hand over her heart, giving Sophie a small bow, the Inalian salute.

"I am Peseshet Fuykanya, the head doctor of the barracks in the Emerald district. I am also a certified army doctor." She introduced. Sophie's natural polygot powers fixed the pieces of the name into place for her. Peseshet, Egypintat version of a physician or doctor.