Peace

Selah rested her cheek against Malcolm's left inner thigh, closed her eyes, and sighed as she relaxed against him. Kneeling between his legs with his hand carding through her hair sent a warm feeling of peace through her system that she'd only truly found locked on his knot, cuddled on his lap, or curled at his feet.

Over the past two weeks, she'd needed peace.

Waking up wrapped in a blanket, naked as the day she was born, as Malcolm carried her out of the warehouse had been a shock. She'd existed in some kind of hazy in-between, aware of the world around her but not really part of it. After a quick check at the hospital, where she vaguely remembered seeing Telia rushing by next to a gurney with a crying Ashlyn on it, Malcolm had brought her home and slid her unresisting body into a waiting tub of hot scented water. She'd scented other Omegas on the way to the bathroom, and a spike of unreasonable anger had made her tighten her nails in Malcolm's shoulders and a growl had built in her throat.

He'd purred for her until she surrendered back into his arms, and she'd realized that he'd purred for her the entire trip from the warehouse. When his rumble increased in both pitch and volume, she couldn't help but melt in his arms.

Malcolm had brushed her fluffy bath sponge along her naked arm to her shoulder when her focus suddenly sharpened, and she'd realized that he looked different. He was her Malcolm. He was the same man she'd been married to for fifteen years, but another version of him was superimposed over his visage in her mind. Glowing silver eyes, flashing incisors, and a primal power flashed through her memories before she caught sight of her left hand resting on the edge of the tub.

At first, the red stains on her flesh and around her fingernails didn't register, but just like the image of a feral Alpha Malcolm, her mind supplied the answers.

Her stomach contracting and heaving, Malcolm scooped her out of the bath to the toilet. He held her hair back as she retched. Wrapping her wet body in a towel, he alternated holding her against his warm chest and supporting her shaking body when the memories became too much. Once her stomach settled, Malcolm returned her to the reheated bath and washed every inch of her until nothing remained but the creaminess of her own flesh.

Watching Omega's memories, Selah felt like an outsider to her own past. Nothing but pride and satisfaction radiated from Omega at the events she triumphantly displayed for her human half. She'd protected them, both the other female and their own unborn babe, and she'd challenged her mate to earn his place at her side.

And he had. Gloriously.

Once the shock of the attack on Christoph faded, embarrassment and heat filled her at the images of a primal Malcolm pressing her to the wall. His fingers buried deep in her core. The eyes of a challenging stranger on them as her Alpha made her submit and come in a room full of males.

While Omega shared the memories of the blinding pleasure that had had her screaming to the rafters, the sponge passed over the still tender flesh between her legs causing a heated moan to slip past her lips, and her pelvis tilted to follow his glancing touch.

Malcolm's gaze, no longer a glowing silver but molten steel, met hers, and instead of moving his hand away from her pussy, he abandoned the sponge and ran his fingers between her folds. Keeping his eyes on hers, he'd scissored her clit between his two fingers sliding them through slick that was so much thicker than the bathwater.

He'd pulled her out of the tub for a second time, and there on the bathroom floor, he brought her to an all-consuming climax fed with the blazing heat of the memories filling her mind from the warehouse. Once his knot locked his cock into place, she'd relaxed back into his arms and let him care for her.