Chap.16 *Childhood Sweetheart*

Cynthia's P.O.V

"So you love seeing my face that much?" I asked smirking madly at him, refusing to give up on this dumb ass argument, but at the same time pushed him away with all my strength, he stumbled and backed away. I stepped forward, tripping on my own legs so I closed my eyes, ready to hit the floor only to realize I never hit the floor.

I opened my eyes, shocked and saw that I was in Issac's arms, I was staring directly at his neck which had a very strange but still familiar locket dangling around his neck.

"Do you mind?" I snapped out of the daze, hearing Issac's voice. I quickly regained my composure and cleared my throat after balancing my weight on both my feet.

"S-sorry" I cleared my throat and spoke, embarrassed I was in his arms just seconds ago. Even thinking about being in his arms is making me blush, what the hell is wrong with me.

"You think an ordinary apology would work?" He asked cockily that burned me up once again.

"You think I care about it?" I said, ready to walk away but stopped and turned around once again.

"Where did you get that?" I asked pointing at his Locket, hoping to get some clues from him.

"Got what?" Looking confused like never before, he asked.

"That locket" I said as I pointed at his locket dangling around his neck. 

"Why do i need to tell you that?" And voilà, there comes back his arrogance.

"Why is it so hard to talk to you? Fine, don't tell, fuck off" I said, showed him my middle finger and turned to walk away but stopped midway after hearing his voice.

"It's a memory" He said or more like whispered, thank god that I have good hearing abilities.

"Of what?" I asked, unnecessarily interested.

"Why? You interested in my private life now?" He asked, bringing back his cocky attitude as he started smirking but there was something about this smirked that seemed of, it wasn't his usual one and seemed more like a fake one.

"Why you gotta be such a bitch?" I asked, getting irritated at his dual personality as the time passed by.

"Weren't you were the one interfering like a nosy person" That's it. I can't do this anymore. I sighed annoyingly and left without a single word. I wonder if that locket really is that one, but a lot of people can have the same kind of locket, I convinced myself. But what if it really belonged to him? Nah, i think it's just a coincident. My phone dinged and as soon as i took it out to look at it, I bumped into someone.

"Oh my god, i'm so sorry, i didn't mea-" I stopped midway when i looked up and saw who it was.

"Oh it's you" I continued, annoyed at meeting with two jackasses the same morning. Ah, my poor eyes.

"So it's a bitch who's always keen on seducing MY boyfriend" There she goes again, what's with her always trying to make bitchy remarks on everyone?

"First of all, You're just another side chick of his and second, as i said before, i won't try to go after someone who's taken by someone like you" I said, acting more cockily than her and smiling innocently at her.

"Ha! What side chick? I'm the one who has always been by his side, not his childhood sweetheart" She said and that's where i frowned, now it was my turn to be confused like never before.

"Childhood Sweetheart?" I asked, hoping to get answers from her.

"Yes, the one he still hasn't gotten over" She said, rolling her eyes for the hundredth time at the mention of his childhood sweetheart, I wonder when will her eyes bug out of their sockets.

"So you admit your'e the side chick?" I said, winning the argument while smiling like an idiot.

"Wha-" before she could even say something, we heard a raging voice coming from behind me and I quickly turned around to see Issac with fire in his eyes and screaming Carolyn's name like he would gladly bury her alive 10ft under the ground. I widened my eyes, sensing the quarrel that's just about to happen. I stepped backwards, ready to avoid the argument. I was about to walk away but had to stop midway.

"You, stay right there" Issac said in his fierce voice and I don't know why but i listened to him obediently and stood still.

"And you, how dare you spit nonsense about me to just anyone?" So all that was just a made up lie?

"What?, If we're being honest, It wasn't nonsense, what I said IS true" She said and now I really was interested in their quarrel.

"And how can you say that so confidently? I never told you shit about me" Oooh, looks like he's pissed, that's the first time I've seen him this angry at someone other than me.

"You did, when you were drunk at MY house in MY party" She said and now I think I might wanna have some popcorn. That's some good show right there.

"Oh? And when was that?" He asked, calming a bit. I think he realized his mistake, oops, that's a blow to his men ego.

"When you lost the dare of kissing a nerd's ass, you had to drink a whole bottle of champagne to compensate and that was when you got drunk so I took you to my room and you spit that nonsense to me" And that was when I lost it, I started laughing my ass off, imagining him kissing a nerd's ass. I wonder how It'd look like.

"What're you laug-"

"Don't you dare imagine that shit" He cut off Carolyn, shocking both Carolyn and me.  I stopped laughing as soon as he said that.

"How did you knew I was imagining it?" I asked, still surprised at his statement.

"Because there was nothing to laugh about" He said so simply, like stating the fact and indeed it was true.

"Oh" I nodded said, sensing the tension between the two, I continued, "Please continue" I said, to not stop the good show that was just playing, literally no one was in the hall and I just skipped my class for this good show that they were displaying in front of me.

"Why didn't you asked me later if I was telling the truth or not?" He asked, turning once again to Carolyn and i put my hand over my mouth, trying hard to muffle my laugh.

"Because of course as the saying goes 'A drunk guy tells no lie' " Carolyn said, shocking both me and Issac with the choice of her words. 

"Woah, nice one" I said, genuinely complimenting her.

"Shut up" She said, rolling her eyes once again and acting all cocky. Well, here comes her bitchy self back.

"Wha-"

"You shut up" He cut me off before I could even utter a single word.

"Why are you siding up with her?"

"Because I want to