Chapter # 6 "Jealousy"

Cynthia's P.O.V

Oh god, where are they going, why are they like this? Why is Suzanne so touchy with him? Why didn't she tell me? Why is he hugging her now? Who is she going with? This is going to give me a headache.

"Who are you spying on?" Someone whispered from behind and I quickly turned around to see who it was and saw that it was destiny and no one else so I sighed in relief.

"No one, let's go, we must be getting late" I said and stood straight, she first looked at me weird and then nodded and then we both started walking outside.

"I have my car so do you mind me giving a lift to you?" I asked her and she widened her eyes like she didn't expected this.

"Hell no!" She exclaimed excitedly and I smiled at her as she walked over to my parked car. We both got inside and headed towards the mart with us talking about a million things.

~ At The Mart

I was waiting at the counter side since destiny went inside to tell her uncle that I was here for the job. I was scrolling through Instagram when someone tapped on my shoulder and I turned around and saw destiny with a man probably in his late-thirties. I smiled and held my hand out for him to shake and with other hand, put the phone back into the pocket.

"Hello, I am Cynthia Mason, I came here for a job at your mart" I said as much politely as I could and smiled his way, hoping I wasn't rude or offensive in any way.

"Hello, as you may already know, I'm destiny's uncle, Owner of this mart and the way destiny explained everything about you to me, I feel very impressed. I'm going to test-check you today to see if you can handle any kind of customers or not, Is that ok?" He asked and I nodded, not finding any problem in it.

"Yes, It is, I'm ready for that test-check" I said as he smiled back at me, I was glad that he was a kind old man otherwise it would've been hard for me to find a job.

~ After The Test-Check

I shook my hand with uncle Williams last time and thanked him for the job once I pulled back my hand.

"Thank you so much sir for appointing me for this job"

"It's my pleasure, you should go now, thank you, bye" He said and I left after bidding him goodbye. I went straight home, took a shower and flopped on my bed feeling so tired.

~ The Next Day

"So how are you?" I asked Suzanne flashing a smile towards her while we both were walking towards our lockers.

"I'm good, you?" She smile back and asked as I contemplated whether to ask her about yesterday.

"I'm good too but I wanna ask you something" I said tilting my head towards her, She pulled a confused face at me and nodded anyway. I was glad she didn't turned me down and wanted me to continue.

"Who were you going with yesterday, after school?" I asked also feeling like I'm being too personal since we just became friends, so I quickly added.

"If you don't mind me asking" I said and laughed nervously hoping she won't mind but from her facial expression, I think she did.

"Errrrmm, I actually ummm....."

"It's okay If you don't wanna tell me, I respect your privacy" I said and smiled sweetly at her, trying to assure her that I won't hurt her in anyway.

"Thanks" She said and sighed in relief as I too sighed in relief, happy she didn't broke off the friendship. As we both were walking, someone suddenly put their hands on my eyes, I was about to grab and pinch that person when he spoke up.