Chapter 7

She opened one eye and peered out at me I smiled warmly, and she rolled over putting the pillow over her head. "Come on Sara I'm sure today will be better", I said as she reluctantly got up and got dressed and put on her makeup. She got done getting ready then we headed for the school. I pulled up to the front of the school to drop her off, she opened the door and before she got out she turned and gave me a hug. I watched her walk into the building then I went to the restaurant I was there for about four hours when I got a call from the school stating that something was wrong with Sara so I rushed down there as fast as I could and I saw Sara cuddling her notebook rocking back and forth squeezing her eyes shut and muttering to herself, "shut up shut up shut up" then I took the notebook, when I reached for it, she jumped but she let me have it when I looked inside I saw a drawing of monkeys that said, " see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" then I handed her, her notebook back and then I kneeled next to her and place my hand on her shoulder gently and bowed my head and prayed to God for help. After I did she stopped rocking back and forth and looked at me. Then I looked at her and stood up and outstretched my arm and helped her to her feet. She looked at me and said, "thank you, my demons ran away they are not taunting me with those words of violence anymore." I looked at her and smiled and hugged her to console her. "Can you go back to school now?" I asked and she nodded. I let her leave and I went back to work. Then the school day ended and I went to pick her up from school and she was waiting and hopped in, she seemed eager to leave but I didn't ask why I just took her home and we went inside and both plopped down on the couch we both had an exhausting day and we just wanted to relax and watch tv so we did just that. Then all of a sudden she ran to her room and I heard her shut her door and cry and opened the door very little and I saw her with her face buried in the pillow crying. So I knocked on the door softly and she said, "what do you want?!?!?" She yelled, her face still buried in the pillow. "Can we talk?" I asked. She then looked up at me and said "whatever" and she dropped her head back down onto the pillow as I entered her room, only to see, written all over her walls was "see no evil hear no evil speak no evil " I was in shock but I just shook it off, I had to find out what was wrong with Sara so I walked over to her and sat at her bedside and placed my hand on her back gently and said, "what's wrong Sara?" She looked at me and shook her head and said, "I can't tell you" I tried getting it out of her for at the most two hours, I was persistent but she was insisted that she was not going to tell me . So after those two hours, I just gave up and I have her a kiss on the head and I said "feel better okay? Goodnight Sara" and we went to bed. That night I was tossing and turning just thinking about all the strange stuff that has been going on since Sara, then I started to drift off in my thoughts when my phone rang, I had a text. "Who could be texting me this late at night?" I thought to myself. So I picked up my phone and looked at it. When I looked at my phone and saw the text from Drew reading, "come over ASAP" I then wondered what could be so important. I locked the door, careful not to wake up Sara up then rushed over to Drew's house. I knocked on the door frantically, worried something was wrong. He opened the door. He pulled me in once he saw me, he looked upset. "So I wasn't supposed to tell you this ahead of time, well I'm sure you already knew you had to go through some legal stuff with Sara... The court date is set for three days. I also heard what happened with Sara at school about her having an emotional breakdown, who is to say that won't happen again when she faces her parents again?" He said. Then he sat on the couch and ran his fingers through his layered brown hair, looking down at his feet then he said, "I'm just worried about her, she's just such an amazing young girl and I don't want her to have another breakdown in court because then the defense attorney will try to use Sara's mental state as defense by saying she's making it up and they will end up roaming free. I think she needs to see a therapist hopefully she won't breakdown." I nodded in agreement. Then he looks at me and shook his head and rubbed his face and said, "your so beautiful" then I smiled after I did he said, "I better let you get home before Sara wakes up. I'll walk you to the car" so he got up and did exactly that. Once we stopped by my car he opened the door for me. Then he stepped back into his yard. Just as I was ready to go, he yelled out to me to wait, so I did then he came up to me and stood in front of me and grabbed my arms, pushed my back against the car and kissed me, he kissed me in a way that I have never been kissed before, it was amazing. He then placed his forehead against mine and said, "I care about you too." After he said that he stepped away and waved goodbye, I waved back and headed home. Once I got home Sara was luckily still asleep. I also went back to bed even though I had to wake up in a few hours anyway, I needed some extra sleep, I honestly needed as much sleep as possible for what is soon to come.