Can't Stop the Feeling

Once she had recovered from her mini-freak out in the shop, Emma had spent the next twenty minutes with Charlotte, trying to calm herself down enough to the point where she could go on her phone and assess the damage. 

After another twenty minutes, with Char saying soothing words to her and holding her on the floor behind the counter, Emma worked up the courage to check her phone. 

REVEALED? 

Monday 14th July 2019  14:00PM

Emmett Granger's mystery girl finally has a name! Thanks to another anonymous source, we can identify Granger's potential new beau as Emma Hardy, a country girl from Newhurst, Dorset. Further research reveals that she is freshly out of school, yet it seems that the lovers share something in common, as both have virtually no social media. Hmmm, seems like we'll have to dig deeper, stay tuned for more info!

This couldn't be happening. How did they even find her? Char didn't seem as surprised as she was though, it seemed that she was already predicting it, counting down the seconds until the 'Flamefighters' could track down the girl who supposedly stole their favourite man's heart. 

Oh God, what did this mean? Emma was so confused already, and nothing had even happened yet. Besides what was even going to happen, it wasn't like they would make the effort to come all the way to country just to see some girl that may or may not be involved with a mega celebrity right?

Well, this is great! Keep calm Emma its fine. You always wanted some excitement in your life.

Yet despite this massive panic, Emma still couldn't stop herself from wondering how Theo was doing with all of this. What if he was being harassed even more because of it. Emma remembered what he had said about how sometimes he had really bad days where it all gets too much for him. She debated calling him, but didn't know if it would be the wisest thing.

Leave it for now, think about it again after work. One thing at a time. 

Yes, that's what she would do. Put it off until she couldn't anymore. Ok. With this in mind, Emma turned her phone off before she could delve any further into the internet. 

'Let's just pretend that it didn't happen ok? I'll deal with it later, but not now.' Emma reassured Char who was looking at her with a worried expression.

'If that's what you want...I'm so sorry Ems, I know that you really like him. You know- maybe you could talk to him, see if that would help, maybe bring, I don't know, some closure or something?' Char suggested. She was scared for her best friend. Emma had never even experienced a normal relationship, let alone something like this. 

'Maybe. Listen Char, I have to get back to work, I've turned my phone off so like call my landline?' Emma proposed. The very idea of the landline brought back childhood memories of when her and Char would scheme in the school playground about calling each other later that night. They were 6. 

Char was surprised by this. Emma appeared to have gotten over her emotional meltdown, her face showing no signs of worry, what was going on?

Noticing, Char's confusion, Emma added, 'I'm just going to get through today, ok. Pretending like everything is normal and fine. And then we'll see. Now go! Enjoy your day!' Emma basically pushed Char out the door, knowing that if she stayed any longer, Emma would be tempted to crumple again.

And so, Emma passed the rest of the day with the thankfully oblivious Mr Elliot and Aaron. It seemed that no one in Newhurst was even aware of what was going on outside their little town. She was thankful but at the same time it reminded her of herself before she knew about Theo. How naive she was.