Chapter 18 "Acceptance"

EREN'S POV
It's been a few weeks since the 'incident' and Levi seems to be used to it. He makes me sleep in the spare room but it's ok, I guess. I wouldn't expect him to let me sleep in the same room. He told Erwin and Hanji and they said I could still work with Levi but he was on hold got being a K-9 unit. I know he's upset, I can see it in his eyes and the way he acts. I sighed as I sat in my room alone. I hadn't gone to work with Levi today, I didn't want to. I hated how all I was doing is causing trouble, again. I pulled my hair slightly and groaned as I put my head in my hands. "So stupid!" I screamed and laid my head on the desk in my room. 'I can't do this...'

LEVI'S POV
Its a little strange having Eren be a human but I don't mind. I'm making him sleep in the spare room because well, he's not a dog anymore, he needs a space to call his own. It upsets me sometimes cause I can't be a K-9 unit but I've got Eren with me so it's not a big deal. Eren was acting strange today. I went to wake him up but he didn't react much. After a few more tried I decided to just leave him home, he needed his own space after all. I sighed heavily and just got ready for work. Once ready I gave Eren one last chance but he didn't take it so I left. Once at work I took out a file from the day before and finished it before picking up another.

(TIME SKIP!)

Hours passed and the pile on my desk grew smaller and smaller. Soon it was almost 10 pm and the pile was gone. I had completely forgotten about Eren. As I headed home, I watched as people walked around the town, hand in hand and smiling bright. It didn't matter to me really, I was happy. When I got home the whole house was dark. I had eaten earlier, around 7 so I was set. I headed straight to my room where I changed and the climbed into bed. As I started to drift off to sleep, I remembered that the next day we had some assessments. Great... I sighed heavily before falling asleep.

EREN'S POV
Levi's been gone all day. It's now 10 pm and he's just getting home. I was hoping and expecting him to come and look for me, but he didn't. When I heard him go straight into his room and the silence, my heart dropped. 'He doesn't care...' I felt tears form in my eyes and I started to silently sob, burying my face deep inside my pillows. After a few moments I pulled the blankets over me and faced the wall, letting the tears run down my cheeks and soak the soft pillow beneath my head. 'He only cared about me when I was a dog... Now that I'm human, I'm nothing more than another worry...' I said letting out a shaky breath. I contemplated leaving, but where would I go? The last thing I can remember is curling up tight, tears still streaming down my face and my heart heavy with regret, betrayal, and sadness.

( I don't know what else to do. More updates soon!)