Chapter 2 "The Pound"

(My updates will be short and not very often.)

LEVI'S POV
When I walked into the pound I expected to see a lot of dogs in small cages, what I saw was much worse to me. I wouldn't say I'm an animal lover but I'm also against animal cruelty. When I walked in my heart sank a little, there were large rooms, each one with a metal pole in the center, a short chain attached. Luckily for the dogs most of them were empty. The owner came to me and said they had one dog left, all the way in the back of the building and I asked to take a look at the pup. When I got there my eyes widened a little, not because of the dogs color or appearance, but his age and his size. 'Why the hell is a pup that small here...?' The pound owner smiled wide at me. "He's a pure bred German Shepard, last of the litter. He's yours for half price if you'd like'em?" I looked at the man and nodded. "Yeah sure, I'll take him." He nodded to me and opened the door, letting me inside.

EREN'S POV
My solitary confinement was interrupted when I heard talking outside of the room. 'What's going on...? Is someone coming to get me...?' I wanted to look up but I didn't dare raise my head. I tensed as I heard the metal door open and footsteps follow. I jumped up immediately and tried to run off but the chain kept me back. I yelped and pulled, seeing the strangers hand come toward me. What happened next really surprised me.

LEVI'S POV
I was honestly surprised when I walked into the room. I saw the pup try to run and then get choked by the collar and chain around his neck. 'Dumb dog...' I sighed and walked toward him. I knelt down close to him and I reached out my hand, trying to calm him down a bit. When I did he yelped and pulled harder on the chain, to no avail. I took this chance and I gently began to stroke his head. I felt him slowly relax and I saw the chain loosen as he moved closer to me. The next thing I knew, the pup was cuddled up next to my feet.

EREN'S POV
I was scared when he first reached to touch me. I didn't want anything to do with him. Then I felt his hand touch my head gently and he began to pet me. After a little hesitation I was now leaning into his touch and snuggling up to his legs. I looked up at him, my tail wagging slightly. 'Please take me home!' My ears perked up and my eyes were bright, hoping with all my heart that he would take me.

LEVI'S POV
I saw how excited the pup got and I smiled slightly. 'Ok. He's cute, I admit it.' I sighed and turned toward the man. "I'll take him." I saw satisfaction in the mans eyes and he nodded. He walked in and unclipped the chain before handing it to me, I took it willingly. I walked out with the small pup trailing behind me. I paid the man what he had asked and I headed to my car.