Chapter 11 "Lost, Part 2"

EREN'S POV
'All I had to do is survive right? That's what that old dog said...' I kept my body stiff and my eyes darted back and forth. Suddenly out of no where another cage was opened and a larger dog came walking out. Scars scattered across his fur and his eyes were bloodshot. There was no sanity left in this dog, which meant there was no mercy. It was kill or be killed now. I crouched low at the dog got ready for his attack. He suddenly jumped at me with more speed than I thought and he bit onto my leg. I yelped in pain and pulled back but only caused more damage so I bit onto his ear and pulled. He yelped and let go, shaking his head causing blood to spatter the ground since I had torn his ear. The blood dripping down his face and the murderous look in his eyes only made it harder to keep my body from trembling. He ran at my again, lips drawn back in a snarl and his claws digging deep into the packed earth below. When he went for my leg again I dodged and brought my jaw around the back of his neck. I felt a crack between my teeth and then I tasted the warm saltiness of fresh blood. I let go and backed away as the dogs body fell limp in front of me. His eyes were empty now, his snarl gone and replaced with a look of peace. My eyes stayed fixed on him, my body shaking terribly. I was frozen in place as I stared at the dog I had just brutally murdered. A chain was then dropped around my neck and I was lead away before my leg was treated. The wound was wrapped and cleaned well and I was put back in the cage with some food and water. I didn't want to eat though, I couldn't, I felt like I was going to throw up. The old dog next to me sighed and gently nudged me with his paw. "You ok kid? Didn't hurt you too bad did he?" His voice was laced with concern and I nodded. "You're so young to be out through this. Maybe you'll survive and be able to save us all." He mumbled before curling up in his own cage. 'Maybe I can...' I thought and my mind was plagued with plans of escape. 'When I get out I'll find Levi and then I'll come back and save everyone here.' After my new found determination I started to eat, knowing I had a chance of getting out of here. I soon curled up in the farthest corner of the cage, I didn't want one of those men to grab me.

LEVI'S POV
The other officers have been on patrols and watches since Erens gone missing. I know it's only been a few days but anything can happen. Already Erwin's talking about getting me a new partner but my answer will be no until I have proof Erens gone. Ever since he's been missing I haven't gone to work. I know I've got tons of paper work and files but without him there I can't think straight. Erwin's wife, Hanji, (oh yes I did!), has been coming to see me with her dog. Her dog looks almost like Eren but is all black and had a red scarf for some reason. (Hehe. You can guess who it is.) I guess I'm great full for Hanji coming over but at the same time I'm not. "Come on Levi you can't sit inside and mope anymore. Just let the force take care of Eren." She means well but I can't. "Hanji I just can't! Erens all I have. I got him as a puppy and then raised him, he's my whole world." Every time she mentions him and then the fact about getting another dog I tear up, I couldn't imagine it.

(Time skip because I can!)
LEVI'S POV
Its been at least 2 months now and no ones found hide or hair of Eren. I finally had to admit to Erwin that I had to get another dog. It breaks my heart to know that Eren left so young and he had so much potential. Today I headed into Erwin's office. "I think it's time for me to get a new dog." I said sadly and he nodded. "Alright. I've got a golden retriever who's ready for a trainer." I nodded and he led me into the kennel where there was a golden retriever about Erens age. His fur was long and shaggy and he had the deepest blue eyes I've ever seen. (Yup. It's Armin.) Erwin hooked the leash around his collar and handed it to me. "I'm sorry about Eren." I nodded slowly and walked away with the retriever following behind.

(Quick. ERWIN POV)
As Levi walked off with his new dog I watched after him. Ever since he lost Eren he got quiet and distant again, I hope this new dog helps. I haven't told him yet but I haven't given up on finding Eren yet. Just because he has a new dog doesn't mean I'll give up on finding Eren. I'll keep looking for him, got Levi's sake.