Chapter 17 "The Day"

LEVI'S POV
Eren's been acting stranger. He seems distant and confused and almost lost. I'm really starting to worry about him more and more everyday but he won't let me help. Today I have to go back to work but Eren isn't allowed to come with me yet, so I left him at home. He was far from happy about it but it had to be done. I went to work and everything was going smoothly. My paper work had piled up a bit but it was nothing I couldn't handle. I was a little worried about Eren but I figured he would be fine on his own until I went to check on him around lunch time. I hoped he would be ok when I got home, I was worried that he would freak out because I was gone for so long.

EREN' POV
'He left me at home! He fucking left me at home!' I growled and paced around the house, my ears back and my tail lashing. I don't understand why, I haven't done anything wrong. I sighed and went into his bedroom, curling up on the bed. I laid my head on his pillow and sighed, closing my eyes. 'Why did you leave... I didn't mean to be bad...' I whimpered and I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my limbs. I whimpered again and stretched out, seeing if it would help but it was no use. 'What's going on...?' I thought as the pain got worse and spread. I screamed out in pain as I felt my jaw get pushed in and my ears disappear and reappear. Some parts if me were getting shrunk and others were getting stretched. I screamed again as everything stopped and I passed out on the bed, breathing hard, 'Levi... Help...'

LEVI'S POV
Lunch time came and I headed home to eat something and check on Eren. When I came home he didn't come running to the door like usual, that worried me. 'I hope he didn't hurt himself.' I thought and looked around. I walked through the whole house and then finally checked my room. To my surprise I saw a strange boy laying on my bed. 'Who the hell!' I walked forward quietly. I had no idea who this kid was but I didn't want to know. Right before I was about the call the police I saw something, he had a collar. I looked closer and saw it read 'EREN' in all caps. My eyes widened and I dropped the phone. 'No way! This can't be real!' I looked closer, seeing a pained look on his face. 'What happened? Did he transform into a human or something?' I wondered and sat down on the bed next to him slowly. He had clothes on, thank god, they must've just formed or something. When I sat down I saw his eyes open and he looked at me. I saw his eyes widen and he sat up, acting like a dog. This action soon stopped when he saw he had hands, feet, and that he no longer had a tail. I saw his eyes go wide now in terror and he screamed before getting up and darting toward the closet. "Eren wait! It's ok!"

EREN'S POV
'Why am I human?! I'm supposed to be a dog!' I thought as I hid in the closet. 'I can't come out! He'll kick me out or worse!' I was scared and I didn't want to come out. I saw the door open and I moved back as far as I could. "Eren come out. I'm not angry." I came out slowly, keeping my head down. "You're safe. I won't make you leave and I won't be angry at all." I nodded and he sat me down on the bed. "Can you speak?" I looked at him and opened my mouth, responding. "Yes." He nodded and I saw a slight blush on his cheeks. "Good. This is something we'll have to get used to. Don't worry." I nodded again and he smiled before getting up and motioning got me to follow. 'I hope he's right....'