Chapter 14 "Found"

EREN'S POV
My ears dropped and I felt a whimper grow in my throat. Before I could swallow it, it came out and I saw Levi look up along with the dog. His eyes widened and he got up slowly, walking toward the door. I stayed still, my tail slowly going between my legs. 'I was right... he moved on... He doesn't need me anymore...' I felt tears welling in my eyes and as much as I wanted to run, I couldn't. My legs wouldn't carry my any further. I stood stiff as he opened the door and knelt down in front of me. 'Don't cry... Don't cry...' I told myself as he reached out and gently placed a hand on my snout. I let out a soft whimper and on instinct leaned into his hand. 'I missed you Levi! Please take me back!' I whimpered and moved closer to him. I heard him let out a soft gasp before pulling me into his lap. I snuggled my head into his lap and let the tears fall. I felt him pick me up and I heard the door shut. The next thing I knew I was on the couch, wrapped in a blanket.

LEVI'S POV
When I heard a whimper I looked outside to see Eren. I got up slowly and walked to the door before opening it and placing a hand on his snout. I was surprised when he leaned in and then I was even more shocked when he moved closer to me. I let out a slight gasp before pulling him into my lap. After a few moments I picked him up and closed the door before putting him on the couch. 'He's so thin...' I thought as I wrapped a blanket around him. I knew he probably wasn't cold but maybe it would help comfort him a little. I watched as he looked at me and then began to doze off, his head resting on his paws. He kept forcing himself awake as if he was afraid to fall asleep. I stroked his head gently and he soon fell asleep, his breathing slow and calm. Once he was out I ran to grab the phone and call Erwin. I waited impatiently as the phone rang and Erwin finally picked up. "Hello?" He mumbled. "Erwin it's Levi. You'll never guess what happened! It's a miracle!" He seemed confused and then asked. "What is Levi?" I couldn't hold back my excitement anymore and I screamed into the phone. "It's Eren! He's alive! He came home!" I heard a gasp from Erwin and then he hung up. 'What was that for...?' I thought to myself before turning back to see Armin sniffing Eren. Eren didn't move or react to Armin. I was a little worried about him but I didn't want to wake him, knowing he probably needed this sleep. I suddenly heard a knock on the door and ran to get it to see Hanji and Erwin with their dog, Mikasa. "Where is he?" Erwin asked walking in and I pointed to the couch. He walked toward it and what he said next surprised me. "You need to get him to an animal hospital now."

(I have the feeling this one is shorter than the others...eh...)